To be a Payroll Team Lead and provide responsive support to manage the effective administration of employee processes in several countries.
This role is responsible for ensuring Payroll Specialists complete their activities in a timely and accurate manner against agreed SLAs. The role will also be the Customer Relationship Manager for the service and third party providers, as well as the owner of continuous improvement.
Vital that the candidate has a vested interest in customer focus and would be interested in helping to develop the team and shared service relationships
- Joiners, movers and leaver processes including contract generation, hiring checks, VISA sponsorship, HR data management, induction, compensation changes and exit interviews.
- Ensure consistent, accurate and compliant delivery of all payroll processes so that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
- Coordination of annual bonus and salary review administration.
- Statutory reporting in relation to taxation, insurances and benefits for each country. Work with HR, Finance and Tax advisors to ensure payroll is fully compliant with regulatory bodies globally.
- Monitoring of service levels across both payroll and HR activities.
- Managing data accuracy and integrity through effective validation and reporting, giving the ability to monitor internally across both teams.
- Effectively manage relationships with payroll and third party service providers within contracts, SLAs whilst identifying improvements/innovations and driving value for money.
- Coach and develop team members to enhance overall performance and service delivery; support them to understand their role in the team and the wider business.
- Develop a visible quality management and improvement framework to deliver excellent service levels.
- Manage and monitor project activity and delivery in relation to HR and Payroll services.
- Work with the HRIS Project Manager to deliver in any HR systems and data migrations/new system implementations associated with the stand alone set–up.
- You may also be required to carry out any other duties within the scope and purpose of this role as requested by your line manager and in line with business needs.
- Works within a fast–paced Shared Service environment, responding quickly and prioritising various requests from a number of different parties
- Demonstrable experience of managing payroll teams at a management/team leader level
- In depth technical understanding of payroll processing
- Excellent knowledge of UK payroll tax framework and experience preparing and filing the relevant returns
- Experience in international payroll and tax framework, with experience of preparing and filing the relevant returns
- Full understanding of risk profile within a payroll function and experience of implementing a control framework
- Experience of operating an outsourced payroll function, either fully managed or bureau
- Detailed functional knowledge of payroll and HR systems
- Knowledge of SAP desirable
- Experience managing an employee benefits offering and associated administration.
What we are looking for:
- Strong people management skill set knows how to get the best out of people and motivate them to achieve good outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal and written skills
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Customer focused with strong relationship management skills
- Experience of managing multiple 3rd party contracts
- Understanding of UK employment legislation and HR management practices
- Understanding of project management
- Ability to establish and maintain credibility and excellent relationships across many different functions and organization levels.