Group Financial Controller
- Month-end of AP/AR and GL processes and preparation of management of accounts
- Supervise the accounting department to streamline vendor payment processes and improve the financial health of the company
- Act as the primary Go to person for month, quarter and year-end financial activities
- Review corporate balance sheets reconciliations and deliver summary reconciliation reports to the executive team
- Collaborate with the payroll group to ensure that all deductions and payroll activities are compliant with payroll laws
- Completion of the supporting schedules / balance sheet reconciliations (intangible assets, foreign exchange, intercompany etc)
- Liaising with the external firms such as Auditors, HRMC & Tax partners
- Researching accounting treatments and write papers on expected impact to the firm
- Coordination of the preparation of statutory accounts for all entities in accordance with the relevant accounting principles and the legislation of the countries in which they operate
- Participate in the development of the Firm’s taxation strategy
- Ensure execution of the plan and compliance with all taxes submissions and payments
- Qualified ACA or equivalent [Mandatory]
- Minimum of 5 years post-qualified experience in financial accounting, consolidations and reporting experience within a corporate. [Mandatory]
- Proven technical knowledge, ability to drive key accounting cycles process and management experience alongside evidence of implementing business and process change
- Experience of dealing with IFRS consolidations from an audit or accounts preparation perspective
- Track record of building and motivating a team in Financial accounting and Operations Management (AP/AR)
- High-growth company experience, including design and setting up of enterprise financial reporting and payment systems
- Self-starter who's happy to take on responsibilities, takes pride in their work, able to work in a dynamic environment (with ever changing goals)
- Proficient user of Microsoft Excel
- Hands on experience of preparing company accounts
- Confident oral presentation and communication skills to influence, persuade, negotiate, motivate and agree commitments with colleagues in a high-pressure environment
- Approachable and able to coach and assist colleagues with accounting problems / issues
- Numerate and articulate in handling statistics and interpreting information for communication to all levels within the business
- Flexible, well organised with lots of initiative, energy and personal motivation
- Results oriented and determined in resolving issues and achieving objectives
Who fits the role...
- You need to have great curiosity – be inquisitive and challenge the status quo.
- We are looking for a confident critical-thinker that can jump into many different problems, markets and situations and come up with tactical recommendations.
- You need to think logically and creatively to find different solutions.
- We need someone who can work with people from around the world, taking the time to understand their local nuances and challenges, without getting bogged down in why something might not work or may not be working.
- We need someone who is invigorated by delivering impact – and seeing the tangible effects.
- You need to want to make change now – this is less about creating an incredible strategy that will be implemented over the next 5 years, and more about processes that can change the business in the next 6 months.
- There’s a lot to do, so we need someone who can prioritise and make decisions intelligently using data to direct them.
- You'll definitely do some number-crunching – it’s important to be able to quickly identify issues, inefficiencies and how big these might be.