Finance Manager (Construction) - Hull
An opportunity to join one of the most directional Construction Main Contractors in the North! Our client is a specialist in modular, off site and traditional build projects across multiple sectors – Residential, Commercial, Retail, Leisure, Education. With turnover approaching GBP10m per annum and rising year on year, we have been asked to supply a Finance Manager to lead the financial operations in the business.
The company have a lively working atmosphere and are real investors in people, they are fully committed to providing the successful candidate with strong career progression.
Finance Manager Responsibilities:
– Monthly management reporting to Group.
– Half and full year management and tax reporting to Group.
– Management and control of central overhead reporting.
– Implementing cost control and cost initiative measures.
– Finance project work as required.
– Analysis of finance pressure points.
– Overhead reporting and analysis against budget and forecast. Liaison with departments on spend.
– Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet control accounts.
– Process all necessary and relevant journal entries for monthly management accounts completion, eg Accruals, prepayments, WIP.
– Completion of monthly management accounts pack for delivery to Group.
– Liaising with Finance staff to ensure monthly tasks are completed in time to meet reporting deadlines.
– Responsibility for calculating job cost staff recovery rates and measuring performance on a monthly basis.
– Annual budgeting exercise.
– Provision of detailed monthly cost analyses to overhead budget holders.
– Ad hoc projects to drive cost control measures and cost reduction initiatives.
– Provision of management information as necessary.
Experience / Qualifications required:
– CIMA qualified – ESSSENTIAL.
– Strong management accounting experience in Construction or similar industry
– Excellent communication skills, liaising with all levels from Board Directors to Finance Support / Admin.
– Strong team ethic, supporting and working with all members of Finance Team
– Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise.
– Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office / Excel.
Our client offers excellent technical and professional development. The salaries and packages on offer are first rate.
To apply for this role, or for further information about this role please contact Meera Patel at UKL Professional on com.