Grants & Finance Manager #260 @ Healthcare INGO
Grants & Finance Manager #260
Liberia & Rwanda, Africa
Our partner, a healthcare INGO, has a deep-rooted history in bringing healthcare to some of the world’s poorest and most remote communities. In addition to offering healthcare services, in clinics and through outreach, it is actively involved in healthcare systems strengthening. They are looking to recruit two Grants & Finance Managers, one for each of its country programmes in Liberia and Rwanda.
In Liberia, our partner was invited to support in government in the immediate response to the Ebola outbreak, and subsequently has stayed on to support the government in strengthening, and in some cases rebuilding the local and national healthcare system. In Rwanda, our partner has been working to offer healthcare services to poor communities, and offers quality medical training to community healthcare workers and other medical practitioners. The successful candidates will support them in putting in place effective grant management, compliance and reporting systems.
- Work alongside the country and HQ to oversee a portfolio of grants, ensuring accurate reporting and compliance with donor regulations.
- Leading the production of budget proposals for grants, ensuring these are developed on a full cost recovery basis.
- Develop and strengthen grant management and compliance systems, from the point of finance, HR, procurement and project deliverables.
- Train staff in developing budgets on a full cos recovery basis, and grant compliance, management and reporting.
In Rwanda, the successful candidate, will additionally be responsible for:
- Building and strengthening the internal control & risk management framework, and in developing accounting & financial management policies and procedures.
- Budget monitoring, undertaking variance analysis, and reporting on actual spend.
- Providing forecasting scenarios
- Qualified accountant with experience in developing controls, management accounting & financial management, and competency developing and maintaining budgets, forecasts and reports.
- Experienced in grant compliance & management, and budget proposal development on a full cost recovery basis, preferably within an INGO setting.
- Excellent financial modelling and analysis skills
- Excellent IT & systems skills
- Able to work in a start-up environment, taking initiative and working independently.
- Good communication skills, and ability to build effective working relationships across a diverse range of staff and stakeholders.
- Demonstrated strategic thinking, problem solving and judgement.
Partner will pay for one flight, provide accommodation in a staff house, health benefits, and annual home leave stipend.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.