- The Credit Controller will provide an important role supporting the Credit Control Team Manager in maintaining the recoverability of debtors within the company, principally the trade debtors.
- Assisting to maintain the company's individual debtor ledgers by assessing, reconciling and categorising existing debts on a frequent basis and taking action over debtors that have aged to ensure collection.
- To improve and develop existing and future credit control procedures and strategy to enable better management and efficient collection of debt.
- Liaison with other departments and staff members as required to ensure debtors are recovered, reporting frequently on the debtor's position and raising any issues or decisions required to the Credit Control Team Manager.
Specific Duties Will Include:
- Raising of scheme fee invoices across all pension products proactively and in accordance with the product fee schedules.
- Dealing with general day to day administration of the company's debtors ledgers.
- Maintaining and reconciling fee account cashbooks in order to agree receipts into bank, back to fees received per the group's pension scheme administration software.
- Assistance in preparation of management information and reporting requirements.
- Reconcile and report on debtors on a frequent basis identifying any debts that have aged.
- Ad–hoc support and analysis for the Financial Controller and CFO as directed by Team Manager.
- Assist in statutory accounts preparation and dealing with external audit queries where relevant.
- Maintain confidentiality and demonstrate discretion at all times when dealing with sensitive information.
- Where relevant and appropriate, informing Account Managers, clients and financial intermediaries of specific matters or issues affecting their schemes, especially actual or potential problems.
- Proactively identifies risk within the department and escalates concerns to Team Manager.
- Ensuring that internal deadlines, all internally agreed key performance indicators and service standards are met.
- A sound and proven experience within credit control and pension's administration.
- Fully understands the data conformance needs of each system and where key data is mastered.
- Able to demonstrate exceptional information security control.
- Able to demonstrate the ability to identify data anomalies and issues and correct them at source or seek guidance as appropriate.
- Proficient in the use of excel at a minimum of intermediate level for the management of fee debt data.
- Adept at manipulating data for the purposes of MI and to service fee debt collection processes.
Benefits to Include:
- Salary: to GBP23,000
- Modern, central Bristol office location.
- 0 Monday – Thursday 0 Friday.
Quoting Reference: VL/21476
By responding to this advert, you consent to Cavendish Maine processing the personal data included within this application.
If your application is successful we will contact you to discuss the opportunity in more detail, within 48 hours of receiving your application.
Should you not hear from us within 3 working days please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please be advised that if unsuccessful for this role we may keep your details in our hold file, during which time you may be contacted for other suitable vacancies. If you do not want us to do this, please call us to advise.
In the meantime, we would like to thank you for your interest in Cavendish Maine.