Financial Controller / FInance Director Designate
If you don't fancy yourself as an FC–soon–to–be–FD of a PE–backed SME business, then thanks for reading this and have a good day. But, if you do then do please read on???
Haig&Co are thrilled to be working in partnership with a long–established specialist manufacturing business based in lovely Shropshire looking to find their next Financial Controller / Finance Director Designate.
Responsible for providing financial expertise to the business, leading the finance team and supporting the Finance Director with day–to–day operations.
- Provide full month end and year end reporting with commentary for directors
- Lead and develop the finance team, taking ownership of day–to–day operations
- Create and continuously develop regular cash flow forecasts and leading improvements to cash flow goals
- Work alongside the Finance Director and Managing Director to help guide key financial and business decisions to drive cost efficiency and profitability
- Assist in deriving operational budgets and capital budgets for review by departmental leadership and Executive Leadership Team
- Create policies and procedures including internal controls to facilitate growth of company and to streamline processes to create efficiencies and accuracy in financial reporting and flow of information within departments
- Automate manual processes currently in use by the finance team and across functional and cross–functional areas
- Other ad hoc duties
A great role and so needs a great and ambitious FC. If you've got these goods, then maybe you could be it:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent)
- Solid working knowledge within an SME manufacturing/engineering business is essential
- Very developed communication and business partnering skills, with the ability to translate "finance to non–finance"
- Inventory and cost accounting experience is a massive advantage
- Strong MS Excel knowledge
So, reckon you've got what it takes? If you think you have, we want to hear from you!
This is a fantastic chance to become an integral part of a growing and ambitious business with a chance to really put your own stamp on how the finances are done and for the right person the chance to take the number one spot in the future???! Along with all of that is a fantastic salary and benefits to match!