Great role, perfect for a candidate with experience of working with large sets of data and manipulating those, both within Excel and other systems (e.g. SAP).
This is an initial 6 month fixed term contract.
Our client is a major national business, working in logistics.
The key responsibilities of the role will include, but not be limited to;
- Support the Finance Business Partners in preparation of detailed operational analysis and variance interrogation.
- Support the Finance Business Partners in the collation and checking of monthly forecasts.
- Assist in the month end accounting process, to produce accurate and timely management accounts, in line with business timescales.
- Support, review and challenge business performance
- Communicate effectively with staff at Logistics Units to ensure integrity of database and operational information.
- Act as escalation point for routine queries to ensure that they are resolved in an accurate and timely manner.
- Undertake data entry and reconciliation activities, ensuring that data entered in systems is accurate and complete.
- Ensure adherence to the companies financial controls and approval processes.
- Undertake additional or amended duties as appropriate to the post as may be required from time to time.
The successful candidate will demonstrate;
- Proven experience working within a Finance role, ideally supporting multi-site operations.
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Excel.
- Proven experience in database interrogation and large scale data analysis
- Accuracy, with attention to detail.
- Ability to challenge and influence.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Qualified / working towards / desire to achieve AAT or equivalent.
The crucial aspects for this role are more related to your personality and experience with working on large volumes of data, rather than how much experience or qualification you have in a finance environment.
Having said that, our client can pay a slightly higher salary for candidates with significant finance or management accounting experience.
In return, our client can offer a salary between £20,000 & £25,000, or up to £29,000 for candidates with a higher level of qualification in addition to some management accounting experience.