Finance Director - Private Equity
Finance Director – Private Equity
Location: Stockport / Cheshire / Manchester
GBP100,000 to GBP120,000, equity, bonus, benefits
Our client is a Private Equity backed rapidly growing international multi–site consultancy services business.
Due to continued organic growth, the business is now looking to recruit a Finance Director who will have close liaison with key stakeholders including shareholders, bank and advisors. The position will oversee the finance function as well as IT and Business Support teams.
Reporting to and partnering with the CEO, responsibilities include:
- Management and development of Finance, IT, SAP and Business Support teams;
- Review of monthly management information – analysis of variances to budget and narrative;
- Project Accounting – analysing time and resources spent on each project;
- Review of turnover, profit forecasts, working closely with other departments / senior personnel to understand predictions of cost and revenue;
- Cashflow forecasting and cash management;
- Analysis of KPIs;
- Develop a robust control environment encompassing business processes, controls and systems which are effective and appropriate to the planned growth and change occurring in the business;
- Acquisitions – search for / analyse potential acquisition targets; and where an acquisition takes place be responsible for transaction execution and integration;
- Development of relationships with key clients, bank, auditor and investors;
- Company secretarial tasks;
- Drive improvements in the SAP system;
- Ad hoc projects as determined by the Board.
- An experienced qualified accountant with sound commercial acumen;
- Experience of a professional services / consultancy services type business which utilises a project accounting system to capture/allocate time/resource/costs and revenues to specific projects would be advantageous;
- Experience of working in a Private Equity backed business would be preferred;
- Multi–site experience;
- A personality pre–disposed to building productive working relationships both throughout the business's operations and with a variety of external stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to play a pivotal role in a Private Equity backed business at a critical stage of its development.