Start – ASAP
Job Role – To ensure timely payments from customers and to ensure accurate recording of payments to the company.
* Proactively encourage the timely settlement of outstanding amounts due from customers
* Provide weekly debtor reports with corresponding progress and collection notes
* Maintain customer relationships with top 100 debtors
* Ensure correct and accurate information on customer accounts is maintained at all times
* Credit check process and open new customer accounts
* Attend weekly credit control meetings to discuss collection progress and resolve debt collection issues
* Produce collection/chase letters and monthly customer statements
* Take appropriate legal action as a final remedy
* Prepare weekly credit reports and bad debt reports for Financial Controller and Finance Director to review
* Take credit card payments
* Preparation of monthly Bad Debt Provision
* Process and collect Direct Debit Run
* Take ownership of all queries/disputes in relation to customers work through the relevant departments within the company to resolve and follow up on a regular basis.
* Identify risk indicators of bad debt in the early stages and liaise with Account Managers and Financial Controller
* Any Ad Hoc requests to support the Financial Management team
* Previous experience in Credit Control (Essential)
* Highly organised, with the ability to manage and prioritise tasks
* Excellent communication skills are essential (both written and verbal)
* Ability to work well within a team
* Problem–solving skills
* Adaptability and initiative
* High level of attention to detail and accuracy
* Strong IT skills, with ability to work on multiple systems
Please only apply to this role if you have the relevant experience.
Paula or email
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and ability to perform the duties of the job.