Are you an Accounting student with a passion for retail? We’re on the hunt for an ambitious Trainee Accountant to join our growing business. Based in the Primark Dublin Head Office, you’ll see first hand the pace of our industry. With stores in more than 11 countries, there’s never a dull moment and plenty to do. But, what do we need from you?
- Organisation. You’ll be working on financial accounts across many regions and time frames, working in different currencies, so having an organised approach is essential.
- Communication. You will be working with various stakeholders; whether it is your team, direct line manager, across finance or with external providers. The ability to communicate effectively and deliver concise explanations is key.
- Support. You’ll be supporting the wider financial team by accurately recording our financial performance. You’ll assist in group reporting and be involved in testing finance systems. Your support is needed from a lot of people, but they’ll equally support you.
- Quick learning. At Primark, things happen quickly and you’ll need to keep up. Being able to stay on top of things is important, but you’ll have lots of training available to help as well.
- Positivity. You’ll be at the start of you career with us and there’s a lot of opportunity. It’s important that you show your passion and have a desire to progress in our business.
Why work with us?
Here, you’ll work hard and you’ll constantly be busy, but you’ll get a lot back too. Although we’re an international company, we’re made up of smaller groups of people who look out for one another. Which means you’ll have more than a few people to lean on, you’ll make different groups of friends and you’ll have an experience that gives you more than just a monthly salary – although that’s a pretty good thing too!
You’ll get a competitive salary and there’s even subsidised food at our café and canteen. Plus, with a gym, book club, running club, choir and plenty more, you’ll never want to leave the office!
What experience do you need to work with us?
- Should be working towards an Accounting (ACCA, ACA, CIMA, CPA or equivalent) qualification
- Some industry experience and a love of retail is an advantage
- English is essential and other European languages would be desired
It’s time to get your career going, so what are you waiting for?
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.