Business Analyst Graduate
We're really excited to be recruiting our first ever Business Analyst Grad who will spend 18–months working closely with our Data & Proposition teams. The programme will be split into 2 placements which will provide you with a breadth of experience across these teams, helping to develop key skills, industry knowledge and personal capabilities.
This programme is designed to draw out the best in you. We give you the opportunities to develop your capabilities and reach your full potential. Our Graduates have roles that come with real responsibility.
Your main base will be our new office at Waterside (BA's head office near Heathrow), with regular travel to our other UK offices (mainly Gatwick & London) depending on the projects/teams you're supporting.
What can you expect?
Your first 9 months will require you to perform analysis across a variety of complex and interrelated customer and commercial datasets to uncover and quantify opportunities to deliver new services to customers and to deeply understand the habits and traits of our customers. You will work closely with other business analysts and will learn agile delivery techniques incrementally delivering insights of an iterative process.
Your final 9 months will see you joining the business propositions team where you will work on developing new customer proposition strategies and delivery plans based on the opportunities identified in the data.
- Work closely with and supporting the Data & Customer Proposition teams on day–to–day activities, providing you with hands–on experience and great exposure
- 2 rewarding 9–month placements, designed to grow your capabilities, develop your business analyst skills and loyalty industry knowledge, as well as share your ideas with our Leadership team
- Plenty of opportunity to collaborate with a wide variety of colleagues across various departments such as Commercial, Finance, Marketing and Digital, as well as the wider IAG Group
- A tailored induction programme, as well as ongoing development opportunities and support throughout the 18–months, which will pave the way for an amazing career
What we're looking for
- Recent graduate, or university student expecting to achieve at least a 2:1 degree (or equivalent) in business, management, economics, engineering, maths or science
- Curious, analytical with good problem solving & critical thinking skills – keen to bring new ideas to Avios
- Passionate and committed to producing high quality solutions
- Self–motivated and proactive with the ability take the lead on tasks and prioritise demanding workloads/projects
- Brave – desire to take on new concepts and adapt to requirements
- Hunger to learn with a genuine interest in business analysis/data
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills – enabling you to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Previous work experience would be beneficial (this can be made up of internships, placements, or part/full–time work experience)
- Regular travel to other Avios offices will be required during the programme (mainly Gatwick & London)
- Must have the eligibility to live and work in the United Kingdom
Desirable technical skills/knowledge:
- Understanding of relational data modelling and how to structure data for reporting on insights, would be beneficial
- Knowledge of SQL programming
- Experience with visualisation and dashboarding tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, etc. would be a positive
What we can offer you
At Avios we look to provide our Grads with rewarding placements, designed to grow your capabilities and develop your skills. Your career aspirations are important to us, so we will work together to design a focused development plan which is complimented by the support of your Managers and our People department – this may include technical training on tools like Tableau, SQL, and Python if required.
We also offer a competitive salary of GBP29,000, a generous annual company bonus scheme, 25 days' annual leave, private health care as well as lots of other excellent benefits including BA staff travel concessions and other travel industry discounts – please read the JD for a full list of our benefits.
We offer all our Graduate Trainees a permanent contract when they join Avios – on completion of the programme, you are expected to proactively apply for a role within Avios. Full support will be provided by your Managers and the People team to help you secure your ideal role within the business.
Avios are experts in customer loyalty, with the ambition of becoming the Loyalty Partner of Choice in Travel. We believe in helping our partners customers to earn incredible experiences and rewards. Whether that's upgrading family flights, enjoying a trip of a lifetime or using Avios for that dream hotel.
Focusing on digital & innovation, we're leading the way in building new ways for our members to collect & spend Avios; bringing even more value to our partners through our expertise in data. We partner with airline loyalty programmes and build & manage partnerships with some of the world's top retail, finance & travel brands, allowing millions of customers to collect Avios in hundreds of countries.
Developing our people plays a vital role in helping us achieve our ambition and we're very proud that half of our head office vacancies were filled internally in 2018 through internal moves and promotions.
Like the sound of this amazing Grad opportunity? All you need to apply is an up–to–date CV and lots of passion, so please apply now! The closing date for applications is 3rd May 2019.