Part-time Accounts Assistant/Assistant Financial Controller
Basset & Gold is a young and innovative London–based investment company. Our mission is to create investment opportunities that are easy to understand, transparent and that continuously control risk while maintainingmarket–leading returns. Due to our rapid expansion we are constantly looking for enthusiastic, professional and hard – working people who think outside the box and who finish projects and tasks in a timely manner. At Basset & Gold we believe that our people are the greatest asset of the company and that is why we like to invest and help them achieve their ambitions whether that is climbing Everest, buying a house or learning new skills – you decide and we'll help you get there!
We are looking for a finance professional for the role of Accounts Assistant initially with the potential of developing into an Assistant Financial Controller. The role is initially for 24 hours per week (spread over 3 to 5 days) with a view of becoming a full–time position. You will be part of a small finance team reporting to the Financial Controller of the group.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Reconcile incoming investment accounts
- Reconcile outgoing redemption and interest payments
- Handle incoming and outgoing investors' cheques
- Process batch payments for investors, salaries and expenses
- Intercompany recharges
- Maintain supplier ledger and make payments
- Monthly payroll run using Money Soft
- Reconcile credit/prepaid cards expenditure
- Monthly accruals of interest receivable and payable
- Preparation of monthly Management Information pack
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of budget and forecast
- Preparation and submission of quarterly withholding tax report to HMRC
- Provide assistance in preparation of audit
- Ad hoc duties
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA, at intermediate level)
- Financial services industry experience in a similar role is desirable.
- Knowledge of QuickBooks would be advantageous.
- Ability to demonstrate enthusiasm, commitment and a flexible approach
- Excellent communication skills
Hours of Work:
Core hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm; however, flexibility is required to meet essential business deadlines.