APAC Internal Audit Data Analytics Assistant Manager (Region Office)
The Internal Audit Data Analytics Assistant Manager conducts audits pertaining to risk management, Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX), and internal controls in medium and high complexity areas with minimal supervision. He/She in responsible for audit preparation, creation, testing, and reporting of results. The incumbent working under the direction of the Audit Manager, leads all aspects of assigned audit engagements. He/She assists external auditors in addressing testing and compliance issues. The Internal Audit Data Analytics Assistant Manager play a vital role in the development & implementation of data analytics program into the audit methodology.
Controls self-audit processes (SOX and Non-SOX)
- Retests to verify testing was completed per IIA and department Standards (e.g., end-of-year sampling, roll forward testing, retesting, etc.).
- Reviews self-audit tests to ensure complete and proper documentation is provided.
- Reports audit review finding to management to obtain additional corrective actions and to highlight improvement opportunities for future self-audit reviews.
- Reviews effectiveness of established self-audit processes and recommends improvement to management to validate that self-audits are properly completed.
- Documents findings and action plans on the year-end Corrective Action Plan (CAP) to provide as reference for management and external auditors.
- Adheres to new accounting guidelines to ensure successful implementation into the audit process.
- Allocates resources and expenses as planned to ensure audits are completed on time and within budget.
- Uses auditing web tool (i.e., risk management area reporting tool) to document audit findings.
- Manages progress of audit programs to ensure proper completion (e.g., sufficient number of samples reviewed, audit properly completed, etc.).
Validates Appropriateness of Corrective Action Plan Results
- Completes the action plan document (i.e., CAP) to provide test results and recommendations.
- Interacts with District, Region and Corporate management to finalize audit results and obtain corrective actions.
- Follows-up with management to ensure corrective actions were implemented.
Leads Audit Preparation
- Develops test plans for new areas to identify milestone activities.
- Assists manager to complete the risk assessment process and development of audit schedules.
- Reviews audit processes (e.g., process map, narrative and control point listing, etc.) to ensure documentation is current and to identify any gaps in test procedures.
- Interviews relevant staff to confirm process activities are documented accurately.
- Prepares work papers (i.e., description of implemented audit controls tests) to formally document audit activities.
- Completes audit preparation activities (travel arrangements, pre-site testing, etc.) to ensure a smooth audit engagement.
Coordinates with External Auditors as required
- Meets with external auditors to respond to process documentation requests (e.g., review annual testing plans, audit test findings, etc.).
- Assists external auditors with additional testing required to verify previous results.
- Provides years- end final documentation to ensure compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley and prevent misstatements of financial reporting.
- Determine the analytics needed for the various audits performed.
- Analyze data to generate meaningful and actionable insights to enhance internal controls.
- Detailed analysis of large datasets to improve on internal models and programmes.
- Accounting Knowledge – Demonstrates a broad business and accounting knowledge; describes methods in compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Detail Orientation – Distinguishes between “big picture” concepts and comments and specialized, smaller specific facts associated with work; notes the specifics of events and experiences; explains, in general, how details impact end goals or outcomes; ensures that work is completed accurately and with the appropriate level of detail.
- Legal, Regulatory and Compliance Knowledge – Applies knowledge of agencies’ functions and regulations to compliance and enforcement activities; identifies routine situations where the organization may be out of compliance as well as the specific impacts of non-compliance.
- Project Planning – Demonstrates an understanding of basic project planning processes, including planning action items and resources.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or any related field of study.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar capacity performing internal/external auditing and developing data analytics models is required.
- Prior experience with Big 4 Accounting Firm is preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) is preferable.
- Proficient in Chinese or one other Asian language is a bonus.
- Able to travel 50% of the time mainly in the Asia-Pacific Region. May be called upon to travel to other Regions.
- Exceptional analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Require demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office Programs (MS Word, MS Excel, MS Powerpoint)
- Prior experience working on Oracle and Blackline will have an added advantage.
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.