Financial Reporting Manager
FINANCIAL REPORTING MANAGER
Reporting to a Divisional Manager or Head of Financial Reporting Ireland Operations – Limerick
Responsible for managing a financial reporting team, including conducting the performance management process. Establish goals/objectives for team and monitor to ensure the timely and accurate completion of all related tasks. Consult with clients and partners on effective ways to meet needs, translating into actionable steps. Will be responsible for developing ‘early warning’ tools to identify process failures and to improve quality percentages.
- Responsible to provide unrivalled client satisfaction and continuously improve the department’s performance to clients (internal and external) year on year as part of a team.
- Responsible for the production, accuracy, and timely delivery of all interim and annual financial statements allocated to your team, in addition to completion of various tax reporting requirements for clients.
- Monitor the accounting operation process to ensure 100% quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- Identify training and development needs and establish performance standards for the department.
- Guide staff in the resolution of non-routine and complex financial reporting issues.
- Committed and working as a team member to support and enhance cross-functional communication and knowledge to achieve company success.
- Keep abreast of industry and regulatory developments.
- To conduct Partners in Performance Development Reviews for team as required, and to be proactive in the development and training needs of self and team.
- Responsible for all employee related administration duties for people employed in section.
- To recruit, select, manage, motivate and conduct probationary reviews for all direct reports.
- Seek opportunities to improve productivity and quality within the business group
- Produce on time accurate detailed appropriate management information reporting and analysis
SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Must have proven experience in the investment management industry acquired through working in the fund administration, asset management or securities operations industry or audit industry.
- Financial reporting experience preferred.
- Proven experience in a management role in a Funds Administration or Investment Management Company.
- Demonstrated leadership and team-building qualities and ability to motivate a team.
- Strong communication, first class presentation and internal and external client-servicing skills.
- Evidence of successful negotiation skills
- Detailed knowledge of both onshore and offshore funds administration. In particular Irish/UK GAAP and IFRS experience.
- Working knowledge of the Irish regulatory regime as it relates to Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting.
- Working knowledge of German / Austrian tax as well as UK Reporting Regime requirements.
- Knowledge of the leading Fund Accounting and Financial Reporting systems. Experience with vendors preferred (Bloomberg, Reuters etc).
- Understanding of how Fund Accounting systems link and interface to other systems.
- Ability to provide input into long term strategy for department.
- Experience of representing businesses to current clients via presentations etc.
- Instill a client service culture among staff and ensure that all clients receive a quality service.
- Contribute to the marketing and sales process to prospective clients via presentations, RFP responses etc.
- Experience of managing teams and delegating responsibility to same whilst maintaining control.
- Experience of designing and implementing development plans, training plans, and succession plans for all levels of staff.
- Be an effective communicator, motivator, coach and mentor.
- As a manager, jointly manage the ongoing success of NT Ireland.
- Whilst maintaining primary responsibility for Financial Reporting think creatively and ‘outside of the box’ in terms of taking joint responsibility for other areas.
- Identify solutions to problems across all areas of the business and work jointly with other managers to implement them.
- Have the ability to develop further as the business grows.
- Genuine committed interest in own career development
- Relevant Professional Qualifications.
- Managerial & PC skills training.
- Disciplined, authoritative, determined.
- Enthusiastic, good communicator, coach, mentor.
- Confident, well-balanced and resilient.
- Must be approachable and gain respect.
- Results-oriented, ambitious, highly driven.
- Enthusiasm to improve company performance and systems.
- Staff motivator and trainer.
- Ability to think and act creatively
- Identifies solutions as well as issues
- Takes initiative to improve areas outside of immediate responsibilities
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 18,500 employees globally. We serve the world’s most-sophisticated clients – from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
As of December 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
$10.1 trillion in assets under custody/administration
$7.6 trillion in assets under custody
$1.1 trillion in assets under management
$132 billion in banking assets
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.