Financial Services Governance & Risk - Assistant Manager
As a Governance and Risk Assistant Manager in the Financial Services Advisory team you will play a key role in delivering quality to FS clients.
Top 10 accounting firm in London.
- Scoping, managing and delivering regulatory reviews and making value-add recommendations to senior management. Providing clients with advice on designing and implementing:
- Governance frameworks;
- Compliance and regulatory frameworks;
- Enterprise wide risk management frameworks;
- Operational risk management frameworks; and/ or
- Credit risk management frameworks.
- Drafting of key policies, including compliance manuals and associated documents
- Acting as a subject matter expert on internal audit reviews
- Coaching a team of junior staff
- Supporting Senior Management (Partners and Directors) to develop and deliver regulatory engagements
- Managing relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- Attending client meetings and attending senior management committee meetings
- Involvement in key activities, which may include recruitment, budgeting, resource allocation, quality assurance etc.
- Be aware of possible business opportunities for the team
- Assist with realising the opportunities through marketing, recruitment and training, and development of methodologies
- Deliver regulatory assignments in the required timeframe as agreed with the client
- Maximise utilisation by working effectively and efficiently and ensuring the team is working efficiently too
- Ensure projects are well managed and commercially viable by budgeting effectively and billing clients promptly
- Be alive to possible business opportunities for the team and bring to the attention of the Senior Manager and relevant Partner
- Attend networking events and conferences to ensure knowledge and skills remain up-to-date and to promote services where appropriate
- Relevant regulatory experience
- Recognised accountancy or professional qualification and/or memberships i.e. ICAEW, CIMA, CIIA, ACCA etc. Preferred but not essential.
- Strong written / communication skills, ability to influence, lead, engage, and manage stakeholders.
- Ability to lead complex reviews, be a team player.
- Likely to have held similar positions in the financial services industry; with the PRA or FCA; and / or a leading professional services organisation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- Sound technical knowledge of financial products and / or customer-facing regulated activities
Competitive salary and benefits.