Assistant Manager (IRFS 17)
Department: Actuarial Services
Designation: Assistant Manager
Work Location: Karachi Office
Reports To: Manager – Karachi Office, Directors – Dubai Office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Assistant Manager will play a vital part in IFRS 17 related implementations for multiple UAE and KSA clients by guiding and providing accounting expertise on the new standard for insurance contracts.
Selected responsibilities are:
- Provide trainings on the standard to various audiences
- Liaise with clients for any queries related to IFRS 17
- Design, implement and automate the financial reporting process
- Understanding, communicating, and regularly assessing major risks and issues associated with the delivery of IFRS 17 compliance.
- Propose solutions to implementation and business issues arising from IRFS 17.
- Keep up to date on all changing laws and regulations and International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Preparation of Financial Statements and Disclosures for Insurance and Takaful Companies.
- Provide internal accounting support
- Any other project assigned by the Manager/ Directors
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- ACCA part/fully qualified or relevant degree with at least 3 - 4 years of experience in a big 4 accounting firm
Knowledge and Skills required:
- Strong understanding of IFRS standards, specifically IFRS 17
- Exposure to financial services
- Good presentation and communication skills
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘Assistant Manager (IFRS-17) in the subject line.