Nottingham – NG2
GBP18,000 – GBP22,000 per annum
We're the UK's largest recruiter and workforce provider, proudly partnering with some of the country's best–loved brands for over 30 years. We currently have an opportunity for a Credit Controller to join our finance team based at NG2 Business Park in Nottingham.
With over 350 sites in the UK and Ireland, reliability, certainty and productivity are central to our service, making sure the customer is at the heart of everything we do.
You will be a hardworking, self–starter with the ability to take initiative when chasing your caseload of clients, ensuring each invoice is paid within the agreed payment terms. You will be a strong negotiator, with the capability to be assertive in your approach.
Why work for Staffline?
At Staffline we believe in rewarding our people, so not only will you receive a competitive salary and comprehensive training, you'll also be entitled to a range of benefits including:
- Bonus scheme based on performance
- Excellent progression opportunities within the Staffline Group
- Holiday entitlement of 32 days including bank holidays
- Life Assurance at 4x's your basic salary
- EE Discount Scheme on Phones
- Perkbox rewards – which includes discounts on high street shopping
- Free fruit once a week and dress down Fridays
The Credit Controller Role
You will work as part of a team to contact all clients weekly for cash collections whilst ensuring clients are paying to the terms agreed.
- Ensure all clients are contacted weekly, proactively chasing to ensure the previous weeks invoice is received
- Confirming payment term agreements are maintained with all clients, confirming payment dates and amounts where required
- Updating diary notes for each client conversation, relating these to each invoice
- Working together with site and branch colleagues to resolve any queries/disputes raised from clients
- Complete weekly routine tasks as instructed via the credit control plan
- Updating and maintaining accurate client records on our company system
Who are we looking for?
- Experience as a credit controller would be ideal
- You will have the ability to work to deadlines and adapt to changing demands, whilst remaining calm under pressure
- You will have a disciplined approach and be well–organised with strong attention to detail
- You will have a positive, driven and flexible attitude
- You will have excellent negotiation skills with a confident and assertive approach
- You will be an excellent communicator with the ability to build rapport quickly with clients and customers
Staffline are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status.