I am currently recruiting for a Management Accountant for a brilliant Accountancy Practice based in Beaconsfield. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to join a very forward thinking practice. At least 4 years experience in an Accountancy Practice is a must have due to the nature of the role.
My client are a very well regarded Accountancy Practice based in Beaconsfield. They are award winning and held in very high esteem by their clients. Their Outsource (Bookkeeping and Management Accounts) team is growing and the work coming in through new clients determines it to be hard-working and continually developing. The team consists of trainee AAT's, Bookkeepers and Management Accountants. Over the years a few have been part-time and others more recently joining, more full-time. They are looking for a further full-time Management Account to help the partners. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with people management experience.
The successful Management Accountant will:
- Oversee/carry out bookkeeping and data processing using accounting systems of the client or appropriate accounting system
- Oversee management of purchase ledger, sales ledger and nominal ledgers
- Oversee/carry out regular reconciliation of all control accounts
- Oversee/calculate and process monthly journals for prepayment/ accruals/depreciation/payroll and other monthly adjustments
- Oversee/prepare VAT returns In advance of deadline for review and sign off
- Completes assignments for clients, managers & supervisors to required standard
- Prepare management accounts file in required format and structure
- Complete monthly/quarterly reporting pack including P& L ,B/S , budgets and actual , debtors/creditors aging analysis,cashflow and commentary
- Assist with budgets and forecasts
- Monitor, evaluate and review accounting systems and suggest improvement or alternative accounting systems where applicable
- Implement appropriate accounting systems and advise on improvement where needed
- Undertake training of clients and junior team members
- Manages portfolio to ensure work completed to client's timetable expectations
- Meeting deadlines and dates set
- Assist with the preparation of end of year accounts file and audit schedules
- Completion and submission oftimesheets within set deadlines
- Effective use of IT including excel, accounts packages, outlook
- Maintain client confidentiality outside the office including on client premises
The ideal Management accountant will have/ be:
On offer is a great starting salary as well as some brilliant benefits.
If this role is of interest, please call Jack Hughes on 02380 206 441 to discuss this as well as other similar opportunities.