An Audit Trainee will form part of the audit team both on-site at clients, and in the office, ensuring that all aspects of the audit are completed on time and within budget. Will be expected to study for and complete your accounting qualification over the 3 year period, and will be supported, developed and supervised by senior members of the audit group.
This practice will offer you a place where you will feel welcomed from day one but expect to be challenged. You'll work with all levels of the business, with colleagues who want you to focus on the outcome and be confident to speak up.
Their vision is to be an independent, sustainably-profitable and globally-focused firm; known for helping people and businesses succeed. Everyone in the business is united behind this goal; it's their core purpose. They achieve this by building an inclusive and empowering culture that encourages people to 'be themselves', work together and deliver exceptional results. This makes them a great place to work.
- Assist within the wider team by obtaining audit evidence necessary to support opinions given.
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients' books and records.
- Ensure audit files have all relevant documentation on the appropriate section; check appropriate and sufficient documentation obtained to support the opinion and documenting all conclusions.
- Active engagement with client staff in the gathering of appropriate audit evidence.
- Active adherence to budget and timetable, bringing matters to the attention of the senior or manager, particularly when actual time is in excess of budget.
- Involvement in the planning, execution and finalisation of the audit assignment supporting the Executive or Manager.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements.
- Identify and understand client needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges, then communicating these needs and solutions to the Executive or Manager.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Carry out ad hoc assignments as may be reasonably required by your group.
- Undertake any training or development co-ordinated by your group.
- Coaching and assisting more junior trainees on the team, both at client premises and in the office.
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities.
Degree Educated with no less than 280UCAS points and a 2.1. degree or be part of theCTS scheme.
On offer is a competitive remuneration package as well as the associated benefits that come with being part of a multinational organisation.