Grants Accountant, Poverty Alleviation INGO
Our partner is a well-known humanitarian and development INGO, working around the world on poverty alleviation and empowerment projects. They are seeking an experienced accountant to support a portfolio of countries and partners in every aspect of grant finance, compliance and reporting. This role will offer a good balance of technical skills, understanding of complex grants and systems, and extensive business partnering, largely with internal stakeholders in the UK and overseas.
- Prepare budgets for inclusion on grant and investment bids, ensuring these are developed on a full cost recovery basis.
- Work alongside the UK and country programmes team to translate work plans into costings, verify budget information, and complete and refine grant budgets.
- Review month-end processes ensuring these meet donor requirements, and produce and review monthly reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Develop and refine budgeting tools and templates, and monitor budgets.
- Review contractual documents and ensure that country offices and partners are grant compliant
- Undertake analysis of project costs as required.
- Capacity building – responding and resolving queries, and offering support and mentoring staff in the country offices as required.
- Part-qualified or qualified accountant with experience working in an organisation with complex systems and processes.
- Experience in budget proposal development (full cost recovery), and grant compliance, management and monitoring of institutional funds (EU, ECHO, DfID and USAID) within an INGO context is essential.
- Strong business partnering skills, and experience working successfully to bridge the gap between programmes and finance.
- Good systems and IT skills
- Culturally sensitive.
Closing date for applications: 8 January
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.