Financial Accountant - Professional Services
Financial Accountant – Up to GBP45,000 – Professional Services – London City
our new company
You will be working for a successful, dynamic organization experiencing rapid growth and are seeking energetic and confident individuals to join their team of professionals. Their offices are conveniently located in London City and is easy to get to via public transport.
Your new role
You will be working as a Financial Accountant, supporting the Technical Accounting Manager in all month end close duties including assisting with technical and cash queries.
Your day to day duties will include:
- Review and reconcile monthly underwriting reports to the data warehouse and book required entries to the general ledger. Investigate and resolve issues.
- Post required UK and US GAAP journals along with any other manual adjustments to ensure data integrity.
- Complete all assigned technical accounting balance sheets ensuring completion is in accordance with the Corporate Accounting Policy.
- Work closely with various departments including Treasury, Bordereaux Processing, Underwriters, RI, BI and BCN to resolve reconciliation issues.
- Assist with all International entities to ensure controls are in place and processes are robust enough to pass all audits.
- Complete key SOX and other control processes in line with deadlines and business requirements.
- Take ownership of the IPT liability account and implement controls and processes to ensure all taxes are settled in line with business and tax authority requirements.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience from a Professional services background, and have been working in a similar role for at least 1 year. You will have a collaborative approach which seeks to build relationships across the broader Finance team and with Business Intelligence. Use of the system Peoplesoft is also desirable.
What you'll get in return
My client offers a competitive salary and employee benefit package. This is a great step up for someone who is looking for a new challenge, working for a great company.
What you need to do now
If you, or someone you know would be interested in this role, please send through your most up to date CV with your salary requirements and notice period.