The employer is the driving force behind Singapore's port and maritime development, taking on the roles of Port Authority, Port Regulator, Port Planner, IMC Champion, and National Maritime Representative.
- The Financial Accounting Department focuses mainly on the areas of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Reporting and Fixed Assets and Systems. In the process, you are required to have oversight on Finance Administration and Controls, Financial Information and Database Management, Shared Services and Contract Management, Financial and Tax Reporting, , Governance and Internal Controls and Risk Management.
- The Financial Planning Department drives finance business partnership, project accounting, treasury matters and finance analytics In the process, you are required to have oversight on the following functions- Budget Planning and Administration, Resource Management and Optimisation, Budget and Performance Management, Financial Analysis, Cashflow Management and Portfolio Management
- The candidate should possess the requisite functional competencies, such as superior analytical reasoning, data synthesis and analysis skills and demonstrate experience in managing finance operations and business partnership teams to be able to oversee both financial and management accounting needs of the organisation. The candidate should demonstrate alignment with MPA's core values and he/she should also possess excellent communication skills, be organised, meticulous, and resourceful.
- The candidate should preferably have at least 12-15 years of work experience, including at least 8-10 years of supervisory experience; those with both private and public sector finance backgrounds, are preferred.
- Candidates must possess knowledge of SAP and high degree of proficiency with Excel, MS Access and Powerpoint. IT knowledge and experience in system implementation would be an advantage. The candidate should possess the ability to multi-task and manage numerous simultaneous priorities, and be dedicated and committed to drive the teams to deliver results.