Finance Director Designate
I am working on a sole agency basis to recruit a high–calibre chartered accountant (ACA, ACCA or ACMA) to become the finance director designate for Paine Manwaring Ltd., a successful heating, plumbing and electrical provider which services domestic and commercial customers across Sussex, Surrey and Hampshire. The business operates from two sites in Worthing and Chichester, employing 100+ staff and with a turnover of cGBP15m. It has a strong heritage, having been established in Worthing in 1725, and is now driven by a team of dedicated professionals who have a vision to further strengthen its profile in a highly competitive yet resilient sector.
This is both a hands–on and strategic role, with responsibility for:
- Overseeing financial and management accounts and providing the directors and SMT with timely and meaningful reports relating to cashflow, forecasts and profitability with full commentary and analysis.
- Year–end accounts preparation in liaison with external auditors and all periodic HMRC compliance.
- Overseeing the annual audit.
- Company secretarial matters relating to investments, insurances and assets.
- Supplier and business partner reviews to ensure cost efficiencies.
- Business planning, project costing and appraisals relating to ongoing and future business ventures.
- Strategic reviews and input to board meetings – dealing with external contacts as required.
- Systems and process reviews, developments and improvements.
- Taking on other business duties to support the business, such as HR matters, facilities and IT.
The position of finance director designate will be challenging and will require additional hours at busy times and to meet the demands of the business.
Essential requirements of the successful candidate will be:
- Fully qualified ACCA, ACA or ACMA.
- Ideally making a career move from a construction or similar type/size of business.
- Very experienced in providing support to large operational projects and working effectively with on–site project managers.
- A hands–on approach, and also able to see the bigger picture.
- A superb communicator and leader who can be diplomatic yet firm to ensure financial and business objectives are met.
- Able to demonstrate success and progression in career to date as well as commitment to previous employers.
In return for the commercial SME experience and technical expertise that you will bring to the company, my client offers a very competitive package and the opportunity to be a key part of the future growth and success of the business.
Notes for applications: Closing date for receipt of CVs by email: 2 May 2019
Please include a succinct covering email with your application explaining how your formal qualification and experience fit directly with my client's requirements. Please only apply if you already live within an easy commute to Worthing, or have plans in place to move to the local area. Unfortunately we are only able to consider candidates who can demonstrate reasonable longevity and progression in previous roles.