Audit Manager - Financial Services
Main Purpose of the Job:
To lead and deliver complex audits assignments to provide assurance to senior management on the effectiveness of the control environment, as well as identifying opportunities to enhance the efficiency of business processes. The role is Gloucestershire based but we can offer flexible working arrangements such as working from our Bristol office and working from home on agreed days.
- Plan, lead and deliver audits to a high quality and in compliance with audit methodology, within agreed budget and timescales.
- Engage with stakeholders, throughout audits, to ensure they are kept up–to–date and are aware of emerging issues.
- Take full responsibility for producing clear, comprehensive and concise scope documents, audit working papers and impactful audit reports.
- Present findings to senior management and agree appropriate actions which balance risks, strategic objectives and commercial realities.
- Act as Lead Auditor on larger audit assignments, managing other colleagues and co–source auditors.
- Good understanding and practical experience of internal or external audit methodology and process.
- Knowledge of the financial services industry and working in a regulated company.
- A positive and pragmatic approach to overcoming factors can impede audit delivery.
- The ability to concisely and impactfully articulate audit findings to Directors and senior management, and cope with challenging conversations.
- Strong personal impact with the ability to build enduring relationships across the business.