RattrayParkin are currently supporting the recruitment requirements of a market–leading service sector business based in central Milton Keynes which is seeking to recruit a high–calibre Finance Director. Reporting to the Group Finance Director, the successful candidate will be a key board member within the business working closely with the senior management team to support its strategic and operational development.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Ensure that a robust financial control environment exists at all times across all aspects of the finance function.
- Ensure that the P&L and balance sheet are an accurate representation of the financial state of the business.
- Responsible for the annual budget process and ongoing rolling forecasts.
- Continually review systems and processes to ensure that they are not only robust but operate to highest practical levels of efficiency and effectiveness.
- Review inherited systems to ensure compliance and practicality.
- Ensure that the finance function adheres rigorously to all the accounting standards and guidelines laid down by group.
- Deliver periodic reporting to the group to the required levels of accuracy & timeliness.
- Work closely with the Senior Management Team and Group Finance Director, keeping them appraised of all key issues (financial and business) which may impact on the results of the business.
- Lead on the analysis of trends and KPIs and interpret relevant output to assist in key business and commercial decision making.
- Build strong, constructive and open working relationships with peers across the business and establish the personal and professional credibility to encourage peers to use you as a sounding board.
- Set the vision for the finance function, establish clarity around the individual roles and inspire the team to deliver all output to the highest standards.
- Establish personal development plans for all direct reports and ensure that they do likewise for their direct reports.
- Manage relevant external relationships as appropriate.
- Ownership of the annual statutory audit process.
- Dotted line responsibility for legal & contractual matters.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professionally qualified accountant with a number of years' post–qualification experience in a commercial environment, who is seeking to progress their career. They will be a dynamic, confident and proactive individual with a demonstrable track–record of leadership as a board, who can demonstrate a 'self–starter' attitude and an ability to complete tasks efficiently using their own initiative, whilst at the same time being adept at delegation and interactive with others to achieve objectives.
Natural people skills & excellent communication skills – both written and verbal – are essential as well as the ability to demonstrate a strong academic record alongside their professional qualifications. Excellent IT skills, particularly in Word, Excel and Powerpoint, are essential.