To provide assurance to the Group by performing business process reviews, providing business reports and supporting risk management. The role requires regular UK travel and working away from home for up to two weeks per month for circa nine months of the year.
The Assurance arm of the Finance Group Services team is responsible for providing project accounting and risk management to the Group. The wider responsibilities of the Finance Group Services team include statutory accounts reporting, taxation, treasury, insurance and service centres delivering management accounting, payments processing and payroll services.
Please note that this position is for a qualified Accountant ACA, CIMA or ACCA.
Business Process Reviews
- Visit Divisional offices and developments to carry out a review of the operations, finance and commercial activities within each Division and produce a concise management report illustrating the findings and recommendations.
- Identify areas of business process improvement and value added
- Share best practice across the Group
- Assist in the design of the business process review programme.
- Complete and produce post completion reviews.
- Assist with producing monthly Executive Board papers.
- Contribute to the Audit Committee Board papers.
- Assist with the management of the Risk Register
- Assist with the Risk Management section of the Annual report
- Assist in the maintenance and development of the Group Policies and Procedures working closely with the individual policy owners.
- Design and undertake targeted investigations/reviews as agreed with the Finance Director –Group Services and Group Finance Director
- To carry out ad hoc analysis as required
Manage and maintain an effective filing system in format agreed with Finance Director –Group Services ensuring that filing is completed on a regular basis, so all records are kept up to date and in a neat and logical order.
- Work in an organised manner and ensure all paperwork is kept accurately filed/stored in a tidy desk/office environment.
- Ensure familiarity with Redrow Group's Health,Safety and Enviromental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
- At all times comply with Redrow policies, procedures and instructions.
- Contribute to improving the business and enhancing the reputation of the company by putting forward new ideas and by implementing change when requested to do so.
Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life.
The focus in this role is:–
Internal: Colleagues across the Group including Senior Management and Non–Executive Directors.
External: External Auditors
Decision Making Authority:
To operate in accordance with the company policies and procedures and that any non–compliance is brought to the attention of the Finance Director – Group Services or the Group Finance Director.
These are illustrative duties and the post holder will be expected to become involved in a range of work to enable the department to respond effectively to the requirements of the Company.