Description of business unit
Risk Strategy is part of Group Risk and is responsible for developing and maintaining the Group risk measurement techniques and standards to support key decision making processes including formulating the Group Risk Appetite, conducting Stress Testing, determining internal capital adequacy requirements (ICAAP) and producing Portfolio Risk Analytics and Insights to key stakeholders. Externally, Risk Strategy interacts with Regulators, industry bodies, banks and consulting firms to ensure both adherence to the European regulatory requirements, and to remain at the forefront of industry best-practice in risk measurement techniques. A role in Risk Strategy is a key stepping stone for a career as a Risk Analytics professional.
Purpose of the Role
You will have a supporting role in a high profile team where you will assist in the analysis and testing of complex calculations and systems, production, analysis and reporting of loan loss forecasts, as well as capital allocation and performance tracking while engaging with senior management on a regular basis. The role offers development and progression opportunities and will afford a high level of exposure to key internal and external parties.
As a Senior Analyst within Risk Strategy, a typical day may include support of the following key activities;
- Detailed Analysis of Capital requirements and movements both internally and externaly.
- Developing understanding and performingtesting of critical capital calculations and systems.
- Development and maintenance of the Group's approach to Risk Capital calculation, allocation and risk-adjusted performance measurement (eg. RAROC, Risk-based Pricing etc.)
- Production, analysis and reporting of Loan Loss Forecasting Results as part of the Group ICAAP Process and delivery of Portfolio Analytics and Insights to key stakeholders.
- Identification of trends in Loan Losses, modelling future impacts based on past experience or external factors and/or hypothetical scenarios, as required.
- Develop strong working relationships with key teams in Group Risk and key stakeholders ensuring best in class service.
What is the opportunityWe are looking for motivated, problem solving and ambitious analytics analysts/senior analysis, to work as part of a continuously growing community in Bank of Ireland, who are focussed on using current and developing leading edge modelling tools and techniques to solve complex business issues & problems. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic and cohesive team, where you will frequently work alongside and support various teams across Group Risk, providing insightful data analysis and support at a strategic, policy and functional level.
This job may be for you if you have;
- Excellent analytical skills supported by a degree (or equivalent) in a quantitative discipline such as statistics, engineering, econometrics or mathematics.
- Excellent computer skills: Word/Excel/PowerPoint/VBA/Coding experience
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to deliver to tight deadlines along with being a team player.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis packages such as SAS (e.g. Base, E-Miner) is highly desirable.
Essential Skills & Experience
You might also have;
- The ability to translate business issues into the appropriate analysis and then communicate the results of that analysis back to the business.
- Developed presentation skills and ability to work effectively with resources from across the Group and business areas.
- Statistical modelling experience.
- High level of resilience, focus and ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ambition, energy, drive and initiative.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: May 03, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.