Senior Software Engineer
- Do work that matters alongside other talented individuals, transforming the way people, businesses and data connect with each other.
- Ensure quality is driven into the heart of the development process from requirements definition through to delivery.
- Help shape the bank of the future and use your software engineering skills to develop innovative solutions for the business
About The Role
Role Location: Melbourne, VIC
Role Type: Permanent, Fulltime, x3 roles on offer
These roles will be part of a hybrid team of data scientists and software engineers. In addition to holding a leadership role in the software engineering practice, these roles will also contribute directly to delivery of the Institutional Data & analytics product roadmap. These are the perfect roles for a seasoned software engineer who is excited to mentor others in software engineering whilst at the same time learning new skills from a highly skilled data science team. Some key aspects of the roles include:
- Design - Define & implement software architecture and engineering patterns
- Process – Lead how engineering work is done within the team
- Tooling – Drive improvements in the tools used for engineering
- Standards – Define (and where possible, automate) best practise standards for software engineering in the team
- Governance - Alignment to ANZ and industry best practise for governance activities including endorsement for continuous delivery to production
- Learning – Drive continuous improvement of the engineering practise across the group
- Mentorship – Support team members in design, development and software life-cycle practices
- Delivery – Ship product features as part of a small agile team and run a production application relied on by bankers and customers around the globe
What We’re Looking For...
To grow and be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following:
- Solid SQL skills including postgres as well as Strong unit & integration testing skills and debugging skills
- Excellent ability to reason about complex distributed systems and the tradeoffs required in decision making for the same.
- Ability to lead and own a piece of work from idea and development through to production install and support whilst acting as a project SME or 'source of reference' for requirements and design discussion with various different units (business and technical)
- A strong understanding of software development techniques such as Object-Oriented design, Test-Driven development, and Continuous Delivery
- Experience in one of the major cloud platforms strongly preferred
- Experience in one or more scripting languages – powershell, bash, others.
- Experience with terraform preferred
- Working knowledge of IP networking and associated concepts
- Demonstrated agile behaviours, and experience in agile software delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Excellent ability of understanding business problems and decomposition of them
- Systematic approach to development and testing
- Ability to collaborate with others and take initiative
- Highly Desirable - Experience in business or systems related to banking industry.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritise
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics.
We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number AUS097124.