Infrastructure Advisory Manager
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- World-class learning and leadership programs
Make an impact with Deloitte by contributing to the economic, social and infrastructure development in Queensland.
What will your typical day look like?
Expect to be grown and challenged as you work across different infrastructure projects and a diverse portfolio of mainly Government clients. With an analytical yet creative mind, you will undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis to excavate solutions to complex problems and present them to our clients.
You will advise Government clients on project feasibility, prepare compelling business cases to support their investment decisions, undertake cost benefit and financial analysis to assess the economic, financial and social impacts of investments, provide policy development advice, develop benefit realisation plans, and provide commercial advice on procurement strategies and delivery models.
About the team
At Deloitte, we embrace diversity. The Infrastructure Advisory & Contestability team is the perfect representation of this. We are a multidisciplinary group of professionals with qualifications in corporate finance, economics, civil engineering, public policy, facilities management, construction, law, Government strategy, project management and urban planning. Our differences make us stronger and builds synergy that allows us to deliver creative solutions to trusted clients from government and the private sector. We have become a trusted advisor of various Government agencies who value the insight our people deliver in our mission to provide communities with dependable, high quality infrastructure which delivers the taxpayer value for money.
What impact have we made?
Our work is both challenging and rewarding. We have advised on some of the largest and most significant investments in QLD. In the last couple of years, we have:
- Developed a business case on behalf of the government for the proposed Brisbane Live Arena at Roma St
- Undertaken preliminary analysis and assessment for government on the development options for the Cairns Global Tourism Hub
- Provided financial and commercial advice to government in relation to the expansion of the Cairns Cruise Shipping Terminal
- Developed several business cases on behalf of government for health infrastructure including major hospital replacements and upgrades
- Assisted government in the procurement and evaluation of the Next Generation Ticketing Solution
- Provided procurement and negotiation advice and support for the renewal of the South East Queensland urban and school bus contracts
- Engaged with industry through multiple market engagement processes to inform government's decision making
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You will have:
- 4 - 7 years' operational, commercial or financial experience in the public sector or in a consulting environment with Government clients
- An appreciation of feasibility assessments and / or business cases for infrastructure projects
- Proven foundation in quantitative and qualitative analysis to support decision-making
- Ability to clearly communicate written analysis in well-structured, evidence based reports tailored to a variety of audiences including government and/or industry
- A positive, collaborative and problem-solving approach
- Interest in the economic, financial and social drivers of government investment, decision-making and policy
- Some experience in planning and managing projects as well as leading/coach small teams is preferable
- A relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Economics, Econometrics, Public Policy, Commerce, Law, Finance or Engineering
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
If you've got any questions about this role, contact Juliette Jamoneau from the Talent Acquisition team via the Our Recruiters page. We'd love to hear from you.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP164867