Infrastructure Advisory - Senior Consultant / Manager
- Flexible work arrangements - work in a way that suits you best
- Salary packaging - to suit your personal and financial circumstances
- World-class learning and leadership programs
Make an impact with Deloitte as you influence the outcome of government and private sector-led infrastructure and service delivery projects.
What will your typical day look like?
Expect to be grown and challenged as you work across different infrastructure projects and a diverse portfolio of mainly Government clients. With an analytical yet creative mind, you will undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis to excavate solutions to complex problems and present them to our clients.
You will advise Government clients on project feasibility, prepare compelling business cases to support their investment decisions, undertake cost benefit and financial analysis to assess the economic, financial and social impacts of investments, develop benefit realisation plans, and provide commercial advice on procurement strategies and delivery models.
About the team
At Deloitte, we embrace diversity. The Infrastructure Advisory & Contestability team is the perfect representation of this. We are a multidisciplinary group of professionals with qualifications in corporate finance, economics, civil engineering, public policy, facilities management, construction, law, Government strategy, project management and urban planning. Our differences make us stronger and builds synergy that allows us to deliver creative solutions to trusted clients from government and the private sector. We have become a trusted advisor of various Government agencies who value the insight our people deliver in our mission to provide communities with dependable, high quality infrastructure which delivers the taxpayer value for money.
What impact have we made?
Our work is both challenging and rewarding. We have advised on some of the largest and most significant investments in NSW and Australia across a range of sectors, including transport, social services, public safety, health, education, land reform, technology, arts and culture and utilities. Examples of the impact we have made includes:
- Quantified the impact of some significant capital works and policy changes made by the state government
- Conducted economic and financial analysis to support the development of business cases for significant infrastructure projects
- Helped state and Federal Government departments determine operating and revenue models for delivery of services
- Facilitated delivery of services by advising Government on how to strategically procure services for the community.
Enough about us, let's talk about you.
You will have:
- As a Senior Consultant - you will have at least 3 years of experience preferably in the public sector or in a consulting environment with Government clients
- As a Manager - you will have experience in planning and managing projects as well as some experience in leading/coach small teams (preferable)
- An appreciation of feasibility assessments and / or business cases for infrastructure projects
- Proven foundation in quantitative and qualitative analysis to support decision-making
- Ability to clearly communicate written analysis in well-structured, evidence based reports tailored to a variety of audiences including government and/or industry
- A positive, collaborative and problem-solving approach
- Interest in the economic, financial and social drivers of government investment, decision-making and policy
- A relevant tertiary qualification e.g. Economics, Econometrics, Public Policy, Commerce, Law, Finance or Engineering
At Deloitte, we create positively differentiated work experiences that enable our people to feel valued and achieve their full potential. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds and thinking styles. Knowing that people work best in different ways, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements if the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated.
Sound exactly like the sort of role for you? Apply now!
Please make sure to attach a cover letter that will highlight your relevant skills, knowledge and projects as well as demonstrate your written communication competencies.
If you've got any questions about this role, contact Juliette Jamoneau from the Talent Acquisition team through the Our Recruiters page. We'd love to hear from you.
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients and candidates with a consistent & exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu is the DTTL member firm in Australia ("Deloitte Australia"). "Deloitte" is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, tax and related services to select clients.
Requisition code: AUEXP164828