Responsible for performing a wide variety of technical and analytical accounting tasks and procedures.
- Post journal entries to the accounting system, review postings and correct errors, and reconcile general ledger accounts and related sub–ledgers.
- Ensure timely completion of subsystem closing and trial balance preparation for all MTC locations.
- Review and ensure all consolidated inter–divisional, cash receipts, and cash disbursement amounts balance, reconcile and resolve discrepancies on a monthly basis.
- Review and approve interdivisional billings.
- Review A/P account coding and assist A/P clerk when necessary.
- Assist in the preparation and/or review of periodic reports, such as Financial Status Report and State Sales Tax Reports.
- Monitor student payroll disbursements, receipts, and reconciliations.
- Oversee and assist with facility account reconciliations on a monthly basis and appropriately resolve discrepancies.
- Assist with facility visits and the training of finance staff.
- Assist all facilities with questions and problems as they arise.
- Assist with month–end/year–end closing for all locations.
- Provide positive, quality customer service to corporate and facility staff.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of policies and procedures.
- Maintain accountability of property; adheres to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities as determined by management.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field and one year of accounting experience. Knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles. Strong computer skills and willingness to learn new processes and information systems. Must be willing and able to travel. Interested in participating in a collaborative team environment. Unless waived by management, valid driver's license in the state of employment with an acceptable driving record.
MTC offers a variety of benefits to assist employees in balancing their personal and professional lives, such as:
- Medical, vision, dental and prescription drug benefits
- Education & tuition assistance
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Sick leave (2 weeks) and vacation (3 weeks)
- 11 paid Holidays
- Company–paid life insurance
- Short–term and long–term disability benefits