Up to GBP100,000 + benefits, bonus, pension
Our client is the UK's market leader in the wholesale supply of high quality products to the commercial, domestic, industrial and garden centre markets. With current turnover in excess of GBP100m the business continues to grow both profits and market share through an outstanding product offering supported by best–in–class customer service.
The business requires a Finance Director who possesses both excellent commercial acumen and a solid grasp of governance and control matters. The successful candidate will work as a close partner with the Managing Director providing support in driving the performance and growth of the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role is broad, contributing to the ongoing development of the business, driving commercial and working capital performance, and having responsibility for ensuring a regime of robust governance and financial control.
Key responsibilities include:–
- Providing input into the development and implementation of business strategy;
- Partnering the Managing Director in driving business performance;
- Managing all aspects of the day–to–day financial management of the business
- Ensuring that finance and systems infrastructure are fit for purpose and of suitable capability to support both the current and planned scale of the business;
- Delivering excellent management of working capital with additional focus on stock management;
- Assessing and driving strategic business development projects (including acquisitions);
- Tax and Treasury and including foreign exchange management.
- Qualified accountant with astute commercial acumen and a strong grounding in process and control;
- Experienced in the financial management of a product business (ie one which holds stock);
- Experience in a multi–site or multi–channel business would be advantageous (not essential);
- A confident character with excellent communication and relationship building skills, able to influence and challenge at all levels across the business;
- A person who enjoys taking ownership, is happy to be hands on and works to high personal standards of care.
This is an outstanding opportunity to play a critical role at Board level, adding value in driving ongoing performance improvement in a growing, successful multi–site business.