My client is looking for a Finance Director to head up its finance function. This role will be responsible for running the finance function of the business and its subsidiary businesses and will report directly to the CEO.
They are looking for someone on short notice or immediately available.
The FD will be required (but not limited):
– to take responsibility for all financial and accounting aspects of the company including accounting compliance, tax compliance and structuring, dealing with auditors, VAT and Payroll
– to be an exceptional accountant, prepared to take a hands–on role with the company finances. This aspect is more of an operational role, as opposed to oversight
– to be responsible for the production of monthly financial performance reports , quarterly management accounts, and the further development of reporting information to meet the ongoing needs of the business
– to set up and implement an efficient management accounting system sufficient to the growing needs of the business
– to establish and manage strong working relationships with external parties including various suppliers and advisors
– to support occasionally the CEO in meeting and dealing with investors and senior stakeholders
– to assist in other financially–related areas of the business
– to work on helping set the future strategy of the business
The role of Finance Director is an exciting opportunity to get full exposure to the finance function. You will report to the CEO and in time will be involved in strategic decision making with the view of becoming a board member upon exceptional performance. This is a chance to make your mark on a business and be part of an exciting journey.
The successful candidate will:
- Be qualified ACA /ACCA Qualified
- Have at least 3–5 years PQE
- Have experience of running a small finance function including full responsibility of accounting compliance, tax compliance and structuring, VAT, Payroll and dealing with auditors
- Have experience of accounting systems implementation (highly desirable)
- Have experience of Xero (not essential, as this can be learnt quickly)
- Have experience of investment management or an interest in it
- Be confident in meeting and dealing with investors/senior stakeholders
- Be honest, open and enjoy working in a tight knit environment
Is a privately owned business and the largest independent mortgage Advisory business in London. They have constantly grown (in excess of 30% per annum) for their entire 12 year history and look set to enjoy the same success moving forwards. They are an incredibly lean business with a very hungry, energetic and ambitious culture. Based in Hammersmith, they serve a network of 200 estate agent & developer introducers across London, and a client base of over 30000 individuals and companies.
Interviews are being held imminently and only successful applicants will be contacted.