Credit Controller / Administrator
Well established service and sales focused, medium sized , privately owned company seek a credit controller to work with the Financial Controller and the accounts team (another 4 people) and the MD. There is free parking available for this role and the opportunity to progress (if required) based on performance. Hours are 9–5.
The business sells to corporate clients as well as individuals and is thus looking for an adaptable credit controller who can recognise the most appropriate style to use in debt chasing. There is a robust debtors process in place which requires strong admin skills but the FC is open to the new hire making suggestions for improvement.
My client is looking for a capable local person and is willing to be flexible on exactly what that individual may have been working on recently as they will give training and support. However, the right "can–do" attitude and a strong work ethic are essential.
- Contact customers for payment using the most effective and efficient methods (telephone, email, letter)
- Input of payments (automated and manual systems), updating debtors, allocate cash
- Prepare cash and cheques for banking
- Taking card payments
- Reconcile customer accounts, contacting customers via telephone, letter and email
- Process credit account applications and maintenance of all customer information
- Deal with customer account queries and forward on internally as appropriate
- Responsibility for minimising potential for and reducing debt
- Timely and effective collection of all debts and customer payments
- Bank Reconciliations
- End of Month close process
- Running and sending out statements – mainly paper based but some electronic
- Processing money claim online (MCOL) applications
- Provide general risk reviews and ad–hoc project work with the Financial Controller
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written – attention to detail
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Proficient in running reports and manipulating / analysing data
- Ideally debt chasing experience:
- Good numeracy skills. High attention to detail with accurate record keeping
- Good communication skills, able to build positive relationships both internally and externally
- Well organised and able to multi–task
To apply please email in your CV with a short covering note to support your application also including details of your current salary, notice period and reason for leaving your last or current role please.
eXactitude Resourcing Limited is acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role. eXactitude complies with all relevant UK legislation and doesn't discriminate on any protected characteristics. If you haven't heard from us within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.