The main remit of this North Manchester based Finance Manager role will be to manage a small team, take full responsibility for the month end, and provide commercial analysis to the board - commenting on performance and adding real value to the business.
Michael Page are working exclusively with a North Manchester based subsidiary of a larger US owned business.
Having built up the business in their niche sector from scratch, this is a great time to join a close knit and successful organisation.
This North Manchester basedSME Finance Manager role will carry out the following tasks:
- Conduct month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing processes.
- Supervise and oversee accounts team
- Maintain the trail balance , profit & loss and weekly cash flow
- Preparation of business unit financial reporting, including budgeting and forecasting.
- Provide operational financial analysis to senior none finance stakeholders
- Assist with annual financial statement audit.
- Identify opportunities and implement continuous improvement in accounting processes.
- Analysis of all expenditure-direct and indirect.
- Negotiation of supplier contracts/ services and insurances.
- Provide support / analyses to inventory reduction and stock control.
- Participation on global corporate projects as directed.
The successful candidate for this North Manchester based SME Finance Manager role will be:
- A fully qualified accountant - ACA / ACCA / CIMA
- Used to working as a small part of a larger business
- Ideally have an understanding of US GAAP and SAP
- A diligent, hard working Finance Manager with a keen eye for detail
- A team player, able to manage and motivate a team
- Open to new ideas, able to improve processes and add value
- Able to take full responsibility for month end reporting
- Able to spot commercial wins for the business
The successful candidate for this North Manchester based SME Finance Manager role will receive a salary of £40,000 - £55,000 dependent on experience.