Risk Manager, Conduct Risk
Description of business unit
Working within the 2nd Line of Defence, Group Conduct Risk ensures that the consumer and integrity of the market remains at the heart of Bank of Ireland Group's business models and strategies
Conduct Risk Team key goals include:
- Delivery of strategic change to promote good conduct across Bank of Ireland Group
- Establishing clear ownership, responsibilities and accountability for Conduct Risk across the Group
- Establishing oversight around the design and innovation of products, propositions and services
- Developing clear, unambiguous and transparent dealings with customers, the market and competition.
- The Conduct Risk Team is responsible for proactive oversight of the Group Conduct Risk Framework, providing pragmatic advice and guidance to the business units within the 1st Line of defence and business change programmes. Advice and guidance is provided in line with the Group's Risk Framework and in accordance with Group's internal and regulatory requirements.
Purpose of the Role
Provide advice and guidanceto the business in relation to conduct of business regulations. The Conduct Risk Manager will have a proven track record in the delivery of customer management and business change. They will be accountable for the development, management and delivery of the conduct risk agenda.
- Support the Senior Conduct Risk Manager and Head of Group Conduct Risk in the delivery of the Conduct Risk agenda; identify and evaluate strengths and weaknesses in the Group's management of Conduct Risk and proactively promote Conduct Risk best practices into day-to-day management.
- Support the delivery of the Group's Conduct Risk Framework and ensure conduct risks are identified, assessed, managed and reported.
- Establish, monitor and challenge Conduct Risk metrics, for example KRIs and MI to provide Group assurance and support issue escalation
- Drive the forward looking Conduct Risk Agenda through the promotion of clear, transparent business engagement and collaboration - drive proactive research and identification of future trends; check/challenge of new products and propositions across Group. Development of pragmatic management solutions.
- Provide advice and guidance on applicable Conduct of Business regulations.
- Significantly influence and educate key senior stakeholders; delivery via the flexing of a proven ability to identify and maximise key enabling opportunities which add incremental value to the business and enhance customer experience
- Be a proactive advocate of a "One Team" culture
- Identify and develop strong, positive relationships with key external stakeholders, including industry bodies and regulators involved with Conduct Risk
What is the opportunity
Establishing Conduct Risk as a "Strategic Differentiator" for Bank of Ireland Group across a number of jurisdictions.
- 2-5+ years' work experience, of which the majority of this time should be in similar role and or working in a risk management/audit environment.
- Relevant academic qualifications and business experience, with credibility among stakeholders as a trusted expert and advisor
Essential Skills & Experience
- Evidence of strong regulatory compliance and interpretation skills, methodologies, tools and practices, and business processes
- Technical knowledge-up to date knowledge of regulatory and industry guidelines for risk management and mitigation within financial services
- Proven strong interpersonal skills, including negotiating and influencing
- An ability to express ideas clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to engage and influence stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of planned activities. Confident, articulate and independent minded approach. Ability to deal with both the 'big picture' and the finest detail
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Experience in supporting or interacting with Senior Management within a large and complex organisation
- Experience in financial services
- Understanding of the Bank of Ireland Group Business Divisions, Processes and Organisation
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Apr 30, 2019