Audit and Compliance Officer
Audit and Compliance Officer
Circa GBP30,000 + 10% bonus, 23 days holidays (rising to 25) plus bank hols, long service incentive scheme(s) and other great benefits
WHO ARE WE
We are Lantern and we specialise in debt purchase and recovery. Our customers trust us, and they tell us so. We have grown substantially in recent years, winning many awards including Investor in Customers Silver Accreditation in late 2017, maintaining this in 2018, more recently new investment has taken place, creating further opportunities for growth. As our journey continues, we have a really great opportunity to join us in our easily accessible offices situated on the outskirts of Leeds with great public transport access.
ABOUT THE Audit & Compliance Officer
The role will have a focus on ensuring that a fully robust due diligence and assurance process is carried out on proposed sellers of debt books and third–party suppliers to include outsourcing and service providers. Work alongside the Senior Due Diligence Manager on seller and supply regulatory compliance and ensure recommendations are made in line with expectations. Provide assistance to the Senior Due Diligence Manager in delivering the annual supplier oversight plan.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
- Working alongside the Senior Due Diligence Manager providing assurances and audit trail on prospective purchases and new suppliers, identifying risk and non–conformance.
- Support the function by attending due diligence meetings, performing due diligence tasks according to the predetermined procedures and any other reasonable requests made by the Senior Executive team and the Board
- Producing reports communicating compliance related risks on work undertaken and reports for Director of Audit, Risk and Compliant to present to the DPC committee
- Ensure the delivery of assurance is within the agreed SLAs/KRIs and all reviews are carried out in accordance with the due diligence policy and process
- Build relationships and maintain reviews on key suppliers including the annual oversight plan and the annual questionnaire. Communicate any significant structural changes or change to ownership or regulatory sensor is reported to the appropriate members of the Senior Executive team
- Provide recommendations and decisions which are in the best interests of the business in line with TCF
- Verify any regulatory changes are always taken into consideration during the due diligence process
- Provide support to Sales and Client Relations during the purchase process
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- You will ideally have a minimum of 1 years in a similar role and ideally, you'll have experience within a compliance department in a Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulated environment,
- You will have a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent
- You will have a thorough understanding of the consumer credit sector and working within the regulatory framework of the FCA
- Provide Ad–hoc analysis as required by Directors and Business functions
- The ability to adapt & change reporting requirements to suit business needs
- The ability to work in a fast–paced environment and manage / prioritise workload
- You will understand the requirement to respect confidentiality of information
We are looking for someone who can work well independently and as part of a team and someone who looks beyond the boundaries of their own job to support other. The ideal candidate will be able to communicate with team members and others whilst sharing knowledge and ideas. We are looking for someone who can work at all times within ISO Quality framework, CSA, FCA, ICO & all other Regulatory Rules & Guidelines.
WHAT YOU'LL GET IN RETURN
- A really competitive salary circa GBP30,000 DOE
- Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week.
- Up to 10% bonus paid annually
- Up to 5% employer contribution to your pension plan
- Generous Healthcare Cash Plan
- Long Service Incentive scheme
- 23 days holiday (Rising to 26 days with length of service) + Bank holidays
- Free Parking
- Other benefits associated with forward thinking companies, including really great recognition schemes
- A newly refurbished office environment with modern facilities because where you work is just as important as what you do.
THE LANTERN PROMISE
We'll treat you as an individual – With the respect you deserve, like we ourselves would want to be treated
We'll keep listening & talking – Taking the time to hear your views and keeping you in the loop with ours.
We'll help you grow – Giving you chances to step up in your role and move up in the organisation.
We know that it's important to make room for fun – Because while work can be many things, it should also be enjoyable.
- Please apply for the Audit and Compliance Officer via the link, with full details of your experience and work history.
- We'll look forward to you joining our team.
Due to the nature of our business, any offer of employment will be subject to satisfactory background checks (DBS Basic and Employment Credit file check).