Legal Cashier / Accounts Assistant
Our client is a full–service law firm based in the countryside of St Albans. The firm operates in a virtually paperless way providing efficient and effective solutions to their client's legal needs.
They now have an opportunity for a legal cashier to take responsibility for maintaining the office and client account records in a timely and accurate manner and in compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules.
Our client needs someone with a minimum of 12 months experience working as a Legal Cashier within a Solicitors Practice, OR experience using xero, and who is a motivated individual who can think on their feet and clearly communicate with other staff to meet deadlines.
- The financial operation of the firm in compliance with Solicitors Accounts Rules
- Posting of all office / client entries to both the Xero & Leap accounts system
- Payments to clients via Chaps, BACS and cheque as well as reconciliations of all Client account ledgers
- Production of completion statements for property cases
- Credit Control via telephone, letter and email
- Bank Reconciliations
- Monthly billing; preparation, reconciling and posting of all invoices
- Supplier management & payment of invoices
- Production of management information
- Varied tasks essential to the finance function of the firm; for example, insurance renewals
- General admin assistance as required
- Excellent analytical and financial skills with good attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of the Solicitors Account Rules
- Excellent IT skills, particularly in Excel
- Contributory pensions scheme
- Free parking