The SB&A Debt Recovery team undertakes arrears collection and recovery activities for the Group's Small Business & Agri (SB&A) portfolios with Total Group Exposures of up to €500k.
The business works closely with colleagues across the Group to implement policy and to maximise recoveries.
Purpose of the Role
To maximise recoveries on and where possible consensually restructure, a portfolio of non performing small business and agriloans and overdrafts.
What is the opportunity?
Opportunity to gain experience working on a business banking type portfolio, and develop associated credit and financial analysis skills
- Manage a portfolio of accounts through proactive and direct customer contact;
- Take active part in a team hunt line for in bound calls on non-performing small business exposures
- Formulate and implement recovery strategies, by way of restructures or other appropriate solutions
- Carry out credit assessments of customers' requests, and recommend appropriate decision to Credit Underwriting
- Actively support Team Leaders / Management to ensure the Unit's objectives are achieved;
- Carry out administrative support e.g. reports and MIS
- APA Loans
- Minimum of 5 passes (minimum Grade D) in Ordinary Level Leaving Certificate subjects, including Maths and English, or equivalent or superseding qualification.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Minimum 1.5 years' experience dealing with banking customers directly;
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to influence and to interact professionally;
- Strong analytical skills and business acumen;
- Strong report writing skills;
- An ability to exercise sound judgement and commercial awareness; &
- QFA or APA Qualification
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- 3rd Level Degree
- Experience of dealing with non performing debt
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Closing date: Apr 30, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.