Auditor of EU funds
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
EY is growing and for that reason we are looking to expand our European Commission (EC) Assurance Team. As an Auditor within the EU Audit Department you’ll work under the direct supervision of the Assurance Partner and you will be in charge of managing different audit assignments under several framework contracts between EY and the European Institutions.
Since you will lead and manage audit assignments worldwide, this role will involve worldwide travelling up to 70% of your time.
- You will lead and perform audit assignments on different thematic areas funded by the European Union, such as external/development/humanitarian aid, research & Innovation, migration and justice, etc. across the globe;
- You will be in touch with the client and the auditee on a daily basis
- You will be in charge of the preparation of the audit field work, establishing the risk based audit strategy and set up the audit programme;
- You will manage an international audit team on-site who will execute the audit fieldwork under your supervision;
- You will work cross-border with different teams in different time zones using digital audit tools;
- You will supervise each member and make sure they are provided with clear instructions, this way insuring that they will grow professionally. The development of our employees remains key;
- You will draft the audit reports that are to be submitted to the European Commission;
- You will closely monitor assignment deadlines and deliverables, ensuring that your projects run timely and efficiently.
- You have a Master degree in economics or finance;
- You have at least 3 years of experience in leading financial audits or audit agreed-upon-procedures assignments within the context of the European Commission;
- An audit certifications considered a big asset;
- You have knowledge of, and experience in the rules and financial regulations of EU funding programmes and EU funded projects.
- You are very fluent in English. Knowledge of any other language would be considered an asset (especially French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Arabic and Russian);
- You have excellent organisational skills, are process-oriented and have a well-structured working-style;
- You are an excellent communicator and have good interpersonal skills;
- You are an international-minded team player, able to keep up in a fast-paced setting;
- You are a true initiator and are able to anticipate, propose and implement solutions;
- You have an interest in looking for innovative solutions and working in an increasingly digital audit environment.
- We offer extensive training, both on technical matters, as well as on soft skills and project management;
- We offer you an attractive remuneration package (competitive salary, net allowances and extensive fringe benefits: car and fuel card, smart phone, health insurance, pension plan, etc).;
- We are proud of our flexible working arrangements, and we will support you to build a successful career and deliver excellent client service without sacrificing your personal priorities.
- At EY we are passionate about the inclusion and support of individuals of all groups; we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability status.
At EY, the spotlight is on our people. You are empowered to build your expertise and explore the world so that you can innovate and challenge the status quo.
Because Building a better working world begins here.
This is what makes us different, and renders working here a unique, lifetime experience.
We are one international, connected team, with one purpose. We are EY.