Finance Business Partner
As the Finance Business Partner you will be reporting into the Group Financial Controller and working closely with the Group CEO and the Managing Director's of 15 or so businesses throughout the Group.
The purpose of this role is to provide accurate management information on which business decisions are based and to advise the individual businesses on the interpretation and implications of this information. This includes but is not limited to short term forecasts, annual and five year plans & monthly P&L accounts.
My client is a global Recruitment Consultancy based in London's West End.
The duties for the Finance Business Partner position are:
- Responsibility for driving the following processes and ensuring delivery of accurate results on time, as well as responsibility for assisting his/her own recruitment teams:
- Monthly management accounts
- Monthly and weekly forecasts
- Running a training program for the consultants on general financial knowledge and specific processes e.g. invoicing, credit control, bank and cash reconciliations
- Production and presentation of monthly results at both Team and Board meetings.
- Assisting in the Annual Budgets and Quarterly Forecasting.
- Financial advisor to teams encouraging good business practice.
- Understanding the cost base of the Group and advising on this to obtain operational efficiency's. With particular regard to advertising and costs controlled by the "Head Office".
- Assist with annual audit and preparation of data for statutory accounts as necessary. Ensuring that the recruitment team's balance sheet accounts are accurate throughout the year.
- Devise new methods of income forecasting utilising data available within the Group.
- Review and streamline current processes and procedures within the department.
- Assisting the Financial Controller with the transfer of accounting from the local International sites to the UK.
- Other ad hoc projects.
Finance Business Partner personal specification:
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills - highly numerate
- Ability to operate at a variety of levels
- Able to influence change
- Working within strict deadlines
- General I.T skills and solution modelling
- Good all round business acumen and an understanding of the role of the Finance department in adding value to operational decision making.
- Ability to drive through continuous improvement
- An understanding of the recruitment market is desirable
£38,000 - £45,000 + Benefits