Junior Accounts Payable Apprentice
– Located near Oval Tube Station
SportPursuit inspires you to get outdoors more, in gear that you will love. We scour the globe to bring our members the best deals on top sport and outdoor brands at members–only prices.
Sportpursuit is a fast–paced, entrepreneurial team where self starters have an opportunity to make a huge impact in one of the internet's fastest growing sports businesses. We're a dedicated and passionate team who work hard to make things happen. If you're ambitious and talented, and want to shape the future of the business but don't mind getting your hands dirty this could be just the place for you.
Roles and responsibilities:
As an Accounts Payable Assistant Apprentice you will:
• Enter all purchase invoices (and receipts from company credit cards) onto our accounting system (Xero)
• Approve invoices by either matching them to our stock management system or by getting authorisation from your colleagues in the wider business
• Attend online courses/college to study and gain a Level 3 AAT qualification at the end of the programme.
A typical day at the office could be:
• 9am – Meeting with the whole finance team. Find out what everyone in the team is up to this week and understand how what you do fits into the wider SportPursuit business.
• 10am – Quick catch up with the Accounts Payable team
• 10.30am – Start inputting invoices on our online systems.
• 12.30pm – Lunch! Maybe catch a gym class?
• 1.30pm – Finish the second half of those invoices
• 3.30pm – Help the rest of the team out with something different every day – maybe reconcile some supplier statements, perhaps send some remittances to suppliers, or help the Management Accounts team out with something completely different.
• 4.30pm – Time for some learning – either AAT or learning about some other part of our business.
• Good knowledge of IT packages e.g. Microsoft Office, Google Docs & Sheets
• Strong English, written and verbal communication skills
Personal qualities desired:
• Quick learner with excellent attention to detail and the ability to produce accurate work
• The ability to prioritise and manage your own workload amid conflicting projects and busy work periods
• B grade at Maths GCSE (all accounting roles)
• Holiday – 22 days of holiday a year and we encourage you to take it. We'll also throw in an extra day for your birthday
• Access to a personal coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
• Food & Drinks – Hobnobs, tea and coffee, plus all the toast and peanut butter you can eat
• Socials – A social budget which grows every time we hit the budget, with a social team that just loves using it!
• The Workspace complex – kitted out with showers, a cafe and a PureGym
• Culture – if you love being active you'll love our office, with yoga once a week, running clubs and our annual sports day
• Cycle to Work, season ticket loan scheme, childcare vouchers and more!
Included in qualification:
- Training on the 18 month Standard Level 3 Assistant Accountant (AAT3) apprenticeship.
- Being a WhiteHat apprentice means access to awesome social events, sports teams, insight/career days with other apprentices to grow your network, as well as your own personal Coach who will guide you through the qualification to help you achieve your full potential.
- As part of your WhiteHat Apprenticeship, you will have access to our Future Leaders Foundation modules to develop 6 key competencies, underpinned by well–being, self–awareness, motivation, conscientiousness, effectiveness and grit.
After your Accounting apprenticeship progress into a full–time role as Junior Finance Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Bookkeeping Assistant, Junior Tax Consultant or Audit Assistant. You can also complete the ACCA qualification into Chartered Accountancy