Finance Manager - Business Partnering
Michael Page are proud to be working with a well known national business to source a Finance Manager for their site in West Yorkshire.
Our client process more than 300 million parcels each year and operate nearly 10,000 independent couriers.
Working with a number of major retailers across the UK they have won awards for their service.
The focus of this role will be to drive effective planning, management reporting and profit improvement with non-financial stakeholders across the business and coach and develop the finance team to provide effective business partnering.
Responsibilities will include;
- Building strong relationships with the director and senior management of the business unit to assist with conversion of high level business plans to detailed operational and commercial solutions.
- Ensuring plans are subject to sufficient challenge to ensure they are robust and actionable.
- Producing periodic performance reports for each business unit with detailed commentary on variances and actions required.
- Financially appraise investments and changes to operational procedures. Track and review the results of investments to assess value for money.
- Set targets for operational and financial improvement and monitor against these targets
- Identifying and tracking of risks/ opportunities vs plan.
- Lead, direct and support the team
- Help develop the financial awareness of the operational and commercial management teams, and assist with the development of the current MI, KPI and flash reporting.
For this role you will be a Qualified Accountant with demonstrable experience in business partnering.
You will be highly numerate and analytical, able to spot risk and opportunity and communicate effectively with stakeholders in and out of Finance.
Competitive salary + car + bonus.
There will be some travel for this role (up to 3 days a week maximum) so please bear this in mind when applying.