Michael Page are working with a large transport and distribution business based in West Yorkshire who after a restructure are looking to hire a Financial Accountant into their team.
Our client process more than 300 million parcels each year and operate nearly 10,000 independent couriers.
Working with a number of major retailers across the UK they have won awards for their service.
Reporting into the Financial Controller and managing a small team you will provide finance support to the team and operations outside of Finance.
Responsibilities will include;
- Oversee the running of the Accounting Services Team & providing support for the Accounting Services Manager.
- Manage the Year End Audit Process including timely and accurate production of Statutory Accounts.
- Monthly P&L review - Attend the monthly P&L review meeting, interrogate variances and control the numbers of the P&L.
- Assist with proposed system improvements - New products, new processes, non compliance & training.
- Assisting with reporting to Group on a monthly basis.
- Payment Approvals - RBS/BACS/Payment Runs etc.
- Manage EBIS - Admin & Compliance
- Improving property accounting & payments.
For this role you must be a qualified Accountant, ideally training in Practice.
You must be technically strong, able to manage effective reporting cycles and business partner effectively with senior stakeholders to add value around finance processes and improvements.
This role would be an ideal step for someone looking to step into Industry who wants to go down a more commercial route in future but needs to get the relevant experience to do so first.
Competitive salary + benefits which includes a car allowance and bonus.