The Management Accountant is a key role, responsible for leading on day-to-day operations within finance and ensuring that accurate and timely management information is provided to inform quality decision making by Senior Management and the Directors. This is a hands-on role within a dynamic and agile commercial environment.
A PE backed, market leading business, based in Harrogate. Due to significant growth, they are looking for a driven, forward thinking and energetic Management Accountant to fully support the business moving forwards.
The Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts, with analysis and commentary
- Accurate reporting of revenue, cost of sales, fixed assets as well as the wider balance sheet on a monthly basis
- Leading on and managing projects to work smarter, automate existing processes etc
- Preparation of annual statutory accounts
- Project profitability reporting
- HMRC submissions and returns including quarterly VAT returns and benefits in kind reporting
- Production of annual budgets: both a revenue recognised position and a corresponding sales budget
- Short and long-term cash flow forecasting
- Raising new customer invoices and credit notes, processing payments, producing customer statements, chasing payments and posting bank transactions
The successful candidate should:
- Have recently achieved an accountancy qualification (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Commercial awareness and appreciation
- Self-motivated, with a proactive approach and consistently delivering to deadlines
- Able to prioritise their workload
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail, with a high degree of accuracy
- Excellent communication skills; able to explain complex financial information in simple terms
- Passionate about their work
- A working knowledge of and Sage 50 cloud accounting would be advantageous
- You must have charisma and drive in this business - they look for those different thinkers!
£35,000 - £40,000 (doe) plus benefits