Head of Finance
Head of Finance role working for a medical research charity with responsibility for running the finance team and that has significant involvement in the financial strategy of the organisation.
This medical research charity, based in central London, are one of the leading independent bodies in the UK that support the development of medical research. The mission of the company is to advance bio medical and health research and highlight the benefits of the impact it makes in society. The organisation has grown consistently over the last few years and this is a really exciting time for someone to join the finance team.
Reporting to the Finance Director, the Head of Finance is responsible for managing the finance function for the charity and its trading subsidiary including providing support to the business through working closely with all members of the Senior Leadership Team.
As the Head of Finance your responsibilities include:
- Regular input into the financial strategy of the organisation with interaction with the Finance committee, trustees and board.
- Business Partnering and working with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure complete and accurate financial reporting across the organisation. Managing the budgeting and re-forecasting process in an efficient and consultative manner and working with heads of departments to deliver the operational budgets on time and present financial position.
- Preparing year end statutory accounts for the group and its subsidiary including liaising with external auditors.
- Taking the lead of all aspects of finance including; monthly management accounts; cash flow; VAT returns; financial controls, and policies and procedures.
- Directly managing and mentoring for four members of staff in total.
- Acting as a deputy to the Director of Finance on all financial matters.
This role requires an experienced qualified accountant, with a strong hands on approach, to help lead the finance team and the organisation through change and opportunities.
You will need to have good all-round accounting and system skills, with significant experience in all aspects of the day to day running of a finance team. Excellent communication skills are essential, and you must be able to effectively partner with a wide-range of senior financial and non-financial stakeholders.
A manager with great interpersonal skills who is adept at developing and coaching a team will do well here.
Candidates from any background and industry are encouraged to apply as long as you have experience in the above criteria.
£60,000- £65,000 plus excellent benefits, flexible working and options to work from home.