Accounts Assistant Purchase Ledger
Accounts Assistant (Purchase Ledger)
The National Farmers' Union is the voice of British farming, and our members are at the heart of what we do. On their behalf we lobby government and other stakeholders, develop policy and provide a range of frontline services.
Position: Accounts Assistant (Purchase Ledger)
Location: Stoneleigh, Warwickshire (commutable from Coventry, Rugby and surrounding areas)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Salary: circa GBP22,255.71 per annum
Benefits include 25 days annual leave (plus statutory bank holidays), National Employment Savings Trust pension scheme, a performance related pay award scheme, a range of discounts through our NFU Benefits employee portal and subsidised staff restaurant
Closing date: 28th April 2019
Interview date: 7th May 2019 or 9th May 2019
About the role:
In this role you will be responsible for controlling the purchase ledger and processing payments to creditors for the NFU, and associated companies.
On a day to day basis you will be processing invoices, using the Sage line 500 accounting system. Therefore, having a full understanding of VAT regulations with regard to invoices is essential.
You will also check statements from external suppliers in regards to any outstanding invoices, and investigate queries.
– Validate purchase invoices and credit notes checking all details.
– Maintain and update information on the purchase ledger.
– Check invoices for accruals, prepayments and proformas.
– Process purchase ledger transactions
– Action computerised payment runs – BACS and cheques.
– Reconcile all suppliers' statements.
– Ensure that all major accounts are reconciled monthly.
– Investigate and remedy all debit balances on the purchase ledger.
– Work as part of a team with the other Finance staff to ensure that all tasks are covered.
– Maintain filing system, clerical records and statistics.
You will need to possess a high standard of written and verbal communication along with excellent attention to detail. You will be an experienced user of Sage accounting and Microsoft Office applications, able to organise and prioritise your own work while able to use your initiative and be a team player.
– Working towards an accountancy qualification e.g. AAT or have a comparable working knowledge.
– To have experience and understanding of the intricacies of the VAT system.
– Excellent computer literacy, toinclude Microsoft office and the use of database(s).
– Experience of operating a purchase ledger for multiple cost centres.
– Hands on experience of a mid–range computerised accounting system, e.g. Sage Line 500.
– Ability to engage with stakeholders at all levels.
– Basic to intermediate computer and keyboard skills.
– Understanding of how to control a purchase ledger.
– To interpret information, resolving queries that arise with regard to invoices and credit notes.
– To process purchase invoices and credit notes in a timely and accurate manner.
– Ability to collate information and produce appropriate reports.
– Efficient and organised with experience of dealing with both routine and detailed tasks.
– Must have a positive attitude and be approachable.
– Full current driving licence (consideration will be given under the Equality Act 2010 where applicable).
– Must live within 40 miles of the post location or be willing to relocate.
– Some general bookkeeping experience – e.g. cash books, sales ledger, expenses.
– Experience of a membership organisation.
– To have an understanding of agricultural and farming.
You may have experience of the following: Accounts Assistant, Accounts Administrator, Finance Administrator, Purchase Ledger Clerk, Finance Assistant, Accounts Payable Administrator, etc.