Administrative Assistant - Bookkeeper
Structural Engineering Firm in Culver City is accepting resumes for an experienced Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper. This is a full–time position.
Candidates must have 2–3 years of experience in Front Desk, Administration Tasks, Bookkeeping. Experience in an Engineering Office or of website design is a plus.
This is a fast–moving position that requires someone who maintains a positive and calm demeanor.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Answering phone calls, responding to phone inquiries about new jobs, invoicing or project statuses; returning voicemails
- Writing and reviewing contracts
- Organizing and recording all information needed for operations: client's information, project's details, scope of work of projects, change orders, city visits, job site visits, and so on
- Managing schedules and coordinating meetings with external parties
- Data entry of financial transactions into internal database and maintain digital and physical financial records
- Issue invoices to customers and external clients periodically
- Maintain contact lists, project lists, proposals' lists, invoices' lists
- Coordinate maintenance of office equipment with appropriate vendors
- Perform other administrative and clerical duties (word processing, filing, and faxing)
- Provide help when needed with various projects for other employees
MUST have the following skills:
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Friendly and efficient personality
- Organized and responsible
- Proactive, self–starter and motivated (You will need to follow up on tasks and projects internally and externally)
- Trustworthy and discreet, able to maintain confidential information
- Be a good team player but also be able to perform independently
- Ability to stay after hours for important, timely or urgent matters, if needed
- Excellent in Excel, Word & Outlook