Assistant Manager, External Reporting
The Finance & Accounting Division is made up of a number of core finance teams both at business unit and Group level. We perform a key management and control function in ensuring all Group financial and management reporting processes are appropriately governed. The Finance Division has overall responsibility for driving the Group budgeting and forecasting process, developing Group-focused financial insight and analysis and delivering the Group's statutory, regulatory and external reporting. We do this through collaborative business partnering in each of the Divisions and with centralised Finance shared / specialist services.
Description of business unit
Group Performance Reporting has assumed ownership of all Bank of Ireland Group financial and management reporting processes. The role is part of the External Reporting team within Group Performance Reporting.
External Reporting has responsibility to deliver accurate and timely Group and Bank financial information (statutory and management) to internal stakeholders, and to fulfill external reporting requirements which include the Annual Report, the Interim Report, financial statements for Group subsidiary companies as well as the regulatory information for the Consolidated Group and Bank FINREP submissions.
External Reporting also ensures that each deliverable is in compliance with applicable reporting standards, companies' legislation and relevant stock exchange requirements.
Purpose of the Role
The role is a senior role within the External Reporting Team.
The role holder will have a high level of responsibility in the timely delivery of the Team's core remit including the preparation and review of the Group's Annual & Interim Reports.
- Delivery of high quality financial information to key stakeholders.
- Preparation and posting of Group consolidation adjustments ensuring that they are appropriately reviewed and that adequate supporting evidence is maintained on file.
- Liaising with the divisional financial control teams to ensure that timetable commitments for each reporting cycle/requirement are met and that any issues are appropriately resolved on a timely basis.
- Preparation and review of the Group and Bank financial statements (Annual Report, Interim Report and quarterly FINREP), subsidiary financial statements and facilitation of the audit process.
- Provide financial and analytical support as required to the Finance executive management.
- Operation and continuing improvement of the team's Reporting Controls.
- Provide support as required within External Reporting and other parts of the Group on various Group projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to the determination of appropriate financial control activities to ensure the completeness and accuracy of all financial and management reporting.
What is the opportunity
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to develop their financial reporting experience and gain a thorough understanding of Group's financial performance and results.
- Qualified Accountant
- 3rd level education with strong academic ability.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Demonstrated experience of delivering high quality financial information (e.g. financial statements)within tight deadlines.
- Ability to work under pressure whilst coordinating a wide range of tasks and inputs from a number of different areas.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of team.
- Proven problem solving ability and creating efficiencies.
- Demonstrated experience of developing good professional working relationships with key stakeholders.
Desirable Qualifications, Skills & Experience
IT Skills: Knowledge of Microsoft office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), good knowledge of consolidation and general ledger systems (ideally SAP).
Where Agency assistance is required Bank of Ireland Recruitment Team will engage directly with suppliers. Unsolicited CVs / profiles supplied to Bank of Ireland by Recruitment Agencies will not be accepted for this role.
Bank of Ireland Group is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Closing date: Apr 25, 2019
For further information, and to apply, please visit our website via the “Apply” button below.