Finance Director – GBP39,002 to GBP44,697 p/a – Cheltenham, Gloucestershire
All Saints' Academy Cheltenham are seeking to appoint a well–qualified and experienced Finance Director with responsibility for the financial development and leadership of resources at the Academy, playing a key role in the Senior Leadership Team. This is an exciting opportunity to advance your career with a fine education institution.
As Finance Director, you will join a successful Senior Leadership Team who are passionate about providing excellence for the young people and families they serve. This senior leadership team has been instrumental in leading the Academy to be one of the best performing non–selective secondary schools in the Cheltenham and Tewkesbury area over the past two years.
The key responsibilities of a Financial Director include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the financial function of the Academy
- Taking responsibility for financial planning and development (including risk management)
- Implementing financial procedures smoothly and efficiently
- Identifying and administrating additional funding streams to enhance the growth and facilities of the Academy
- Identifying growth opportunities for site and community facilities
- Taking responsibility for the line management of the finance team, HR team, Site and Community Manager and being the Academy contact for the outsourced catering function
All Saints' Academy opened in September 2011 as the first new–build Academy in Gloucestershire and a church Academy for the whole community, welcoming those of all faiths and none. We aim to provide not only a place of learning and discovery but also a centre to support family learning and community activity.
Sponsored by the Anglican Diocese of Gloucester and Catholic Diocese of Clifton, both of whom have a long history of involvement with education, the Academy offers 900 places for students aged 11–16 and a 250–place sixth form with academic and vocational courses for 16–19–year olds. Our curriculum is of the highest possible quality, tailored to the individual needs of all students.
The key skills and qualities of a Finance Director:
- Appropriate accountancy experience and a CCAB qualification, with a good understanding and effective use of MIS, financial processes and procedures
- Working knowledge of facilities management and Health and Safety; knowledge and experience of working within a school environment would be advantageous
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to relay complex financial information clearly and concisely to a range of audiences
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to inspire and challenge colleagues, peers and teams
- Excellent IT and numeracy skills, relating specifically to Excel and financial systems
If you are keen on joining this exciting, forward thinking Academy and taking the next step in your career, then please click the apply now button to find out more.